Replacing my NAD C372. Two Amps or one ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had my NAD C372 Integrated Amp with NAD C272 power Amp for 2 years. Speakers are Wharfedale Evo 30 and CD player Arcam CD 72.

Earlier this year both Amps blew-up and were repaired free of charge by NAD (a known issue mentioned on their website). Now again the C372 has broken down (RedLight Power Cut-off, checked all speaker cables, cross overs etc.). I am losing faith with the safety of the NADs and thus want to get a new amp/s and keep my CD player and speakers.
I am looking to spend £800-1200 and am trying to decide upon an integrated amp or biamping set up.

Have 3 major options:

1.Roksan Kandy K2 (has preamp output for adding power amp at later date)
£750
2.NAIM 5i (no preamp output, but highly regarded sound)
£725
3.Cyrus 8vs2 (has preamp for later power amp)
£800
4.Cyrus 8 Power + Cyrus Pre vs2
£1300

Which option would give best sound (listen to mainly classical some rock)??

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
In that price range, integrated is still the way to go.

I listen to classical only with a bit of jazz and have been upgrading my equipments slowly over the past couple of months, so I have experience with most of the stuff you mentioned.

I've owned Roksan Kandy MKIII and is very powerful. It's a bit dark but lean. It's quite neutral but doesn't have much involvement.

I've heard Naim Nait5i and liked it quite a bit, but the Naim sound starts with the separates. It's overpriced IMO.

Cyrus is excellent, like a musical version of Roksan Kandy.

At the end I chose Rega Mira 3. Its sound was exactly what I wanted in my price range. You have to be very careful when choosing pieces for classical music. Realistic orchestral playback is almost impossible, at this price range, anyways. I've heard a $16000 system that sounded worse than a sensibly put together $1000 system.

After all, you need to listen for yourself. When I read reviews I thought I was gonna end up with a completely different system. Is it possible for you to listen to the mentioned pieces? Also, what is your room size?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts