Santho

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Just bought a nad m25, which i have hooked up to my onkyo TX-NR717 and it's making a audible pop noise when im turning it of... it's not super loud or anything but i was just wondering if this is something i should be worried about? Is this normal when using power amps? i've never really owned a power amp before so this is all quite new to me.
Could this pop mean the amp is bad in some way or possibly be bad for the speakers? I've also tried different ways to avoid this pop noise with little success, like turning down the volume of the preamp before i turn the M25 of and turning the preamp of first etc...

A power amp should be turned on last, and turned off first.

It shouldn’t make any audible noise, but some designs do, and as long as it’s a gentle pop or thud I’d not be too worried. But a bang or crash isn’t right and might not do the speakers much good every time you use it.

I assume it’s a used model. Is there any warranty?

Santho

May 23, 2021
Visit site
A power amp should be turned on last, and turned off first.

It shouldn’t make any audible noise, but some designs do, and as long as it’s a gentle pop or thud I’d not be too worried. But a bang or crash isn’t right and might not do the speakers much good every time you use it.

I assume it’s a used model. Is there any warranty?
Ok, thx for the tips... :)
Yeah it's not like a loud bang and it's always the same volume no matter what my volume is at on the pre amp.

And yes, it was bought used.. as it's a pretty old model i'd be surprised if there was any warranty..
But it was recently sent to NAD (about Half a year ago) to fix the lights on the front panel which had stopped working, at the same time they did some kinda routine service and found some other fault which was also fixed.. that taken into account i'd think the amp itself should be in pretty good order..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts