NAD D3020 vs Marantz 6005 pack (CD Player and Amp)

TonyIRL

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I had been strongly considering buying the NAD D3020, but with price drops in the Jan sales I can get the Marantz 6005 pack (Amp and CD player) for an extra EUR160. Can see that both have DACs so I can hook up my laptop optically which will sort Spotify. Sound quality is the most important aspect for me. Which is better for the money? .Will be pairing with either Dali Zensor 3s or Q Acoustics Concept 20s.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It may seem trite, but the system that gives you the best vfm, is the one that you like the sound of best.....which doesn't necessarily come down to cost.

manicm

Also note the D3020 will have a direct competitor in March in the form of Monitor Audio's new amp - and on paper it beats it on specs and power, and will be identically priced as well - it has digital inputs plus Airplay and built-in streaming, but no Bluetooth apparently. I don't like its looks though.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
TonyIRL said:
Hi All,

I had been strongly considering buying the NAD D3020, but with price drops in the Jan sales I can get the Marantz 6005 pack (Amp and CD player) for an extra EUR160. Can see that both have DACs so I can hook up my laptop optically which will sort Spotify. Sound quality is the most important aspect for me. Which is better for the money? .Will be pairing with either Dali Zensor 3s or Q Acoustics Concept 20s.

... if you need CDP you won't get that in NAD so the choice is obvious... if CD is not require why get more boxes?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
manicm said:
Also note the D3020 will have a direct competitor in March in the form of Monitor Audio's new amp - and on paper it beats it on specs and power, and will be identically priced as well - it has digital inputs plus Airplay and built-in streaming, but no Bluetooth apparently. I don't like its looks though.

The Airstream A100 looks like a really nice product. I like the design a lot (better than the D3020).

But the 50 watts it delivers............is that at 4 or 8 ohm ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts