Nad D3020 + Boston A26 a good and resonable loud combination?

gasolin

I can get some Boston A26 for about 1/3 of what they cost, they are demos and have not been played on in mint condition, would that be a good choice for the Nad D3020 or a nurforce icon amp?

How fare is the speaker from the sensitive of the 89 db they are surpose to have? (are they sensitive enough for the nad D3020?)

What if the bass (which are surpose to be good on the boston a series) is to much? The Nad D3020 dosn't have tone contols,eq other then a bass boos eq (+6db)

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Denon DAB 38 runinng a pair of Boston a26's and find them very good. I didnt go out to buy the a26's i bought the system secondhand but I've very happy with the performance of the speakers..

have you read the whathifi review?

cheers,

mick

gasolin

micks_address said:
I have a Denon DAB 38 runinng a pair of Boston a26's and find them very good. I didnt go out to buy the a26's i bought the system secondhand but I've very happy with the performance of the speakers..

have you read the whathifi review?

cheers,

mick

Yes i have read the review, but it dosn't seem that whathifi mentions something about the sensitivity other then in the spec's.

The klipsch RB 61 II is surpose to be 95 db speaker but they arent http://www.soundandvision.com/content/klipsch-reference-rb-61-ii-speaker-system-ht-labs-measures

The nad D3020 with zensor 1 and lektor 2 (86.5 and 85db) isn't loud enough for me with the nad d3020

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Boston Acoustics A26 and they are very good speakers for the money. Never find them fatiguing or harsh sounding but have plenty of punch and the bass is good imo. I can listen to them for hours at a time. I have found they need more power than you would otherwise would think based on the sensitivity specified. I would say 50 watts into 8 Ohms min if you want them to play loud. The NAD 326BEE should be fine. Not sure about the newer NAD. Moderate volumes - A26's are fine with 30-40 watts of power, which is what I have. In the end I found the Dali speakers I have, a little more exciting at lower volumes.

gasolin

This combination of a Nad D3020, Boston A26 is very good ,don't need any more power in my mid sized room, and using this combination on both side of my monitor like studio monitor theres pleanty of punch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts