nad c355 amp is there a nad c356 on the horizon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hmm, that's a shame, cos I hate the look of the Roksan, I think the Naim looks great though. Still it'll be a while yet before I take the plunge

nads

Pmaninit:
Hi, I love the sound of my NAD C325BEE.

If I were to upgrade to the new Naim 5i or Roksan K2, which amp would be closer in characteristics to the sound of NAD?

I just climbed that NAD ladder. and now have a 372 and 272

A

Anonymous

nads:Pmaninit:

If I were to upgrade to the new Naim 5i or Roksan K2, which amp would be closer in characteristics to the sound of NAD?

Hi did you audition them before buying? If so where was this?

Also, I have found that the more expensive NADs just go up and up in power, which I really don't need, 50 watts is fine. So is the quality of sound actually much better than say a 325/355? If NAD made some nice looking amps I wouldn't even consider anything else I don't think, but they all look like sheds!!

SteveR750

Pmaninit:

I auditioned the Cyrus 6, Naim, Arcam and the K2 For me the best combo was Cyrus 6SE CDP with the K2. The K2 is similar to the NAD sonic balance - its has a powerful lushness about it, not as laid back as say the Arcam, not as shy as the 6 and less lean than the Naim, as it has a terrific bass slam or impact to the sound that perhaps is due to both the K2 and the NAD having plenty of current to offer

matthewpiano

Pmaninit:Hmm, that's a shame, cos I hate the look of the Roksan, I think the Naim looks great though. Still it'll be a while yet before I take the plunge

I'm not saying the Naim isn't good - I think its a fabulous amplifier. However, the Roksan has more of the traits that characterise the NAD sound. It really is an excellent amp.

nads

Pmaninit:nads:Pmaninit:

Hi did you audition them before buying? If so where was this?

Also, I have found that the more expensive NADs just go up and up in power, which I really don't need, 50 watts is fine. So is the quality of sound actually much better than say a 325/355? If NAD made some nice looking amps I wouldn't even consider anything else I don't think, but they all look like sheds!!

yes i did i went and listened to lots and lots of amps and speakers as my old 3130 was on the way out and the speakers had had it.

I went through most makes of everthing and ended up with the 372 with the plan of adding the 272 if the speakers i though i wanted needed it. and yes the speakers liked the added 272.

A

Anonymous

I see theres now a NAD C316BEE on their website. Does that mean the C356BEE maybe not that far off?

A

Anonymous

link:

speaking of which, i sold my 325bee and now undecided which way to go, the new 326bee or the 355bee. any opinion would be highly appreciated.

thanks.

The 355.It sounds effortless and i doubt there is a 356 on the horizon. The 352 was so good it was around for about 5 years before being replaced.

A

Anonymous

lee37:

well in the end i went for the nad 355 as i got it for £280 new

and it is excellent.

i also updated me speaker cables to chord odyssey 2 and my interconnects to chord cobra 3 and the improvement was very good

i would recommend those cables to anyone with a nad amp.

previously i has qed 400xt speaker and qed audio 2

why did you change to odyssey from x tube 400? I demo'd them both extensively and the odyssey is definitely a sideways move. A little leaner in the bass though which might go well with the nad. what speakers u using?

i dont think i would ever upgrade my speakers as they now sound even better

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes there is a new C356BEE being launched.

http://nadelectronics.com/articles/New-C-356BEE-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier

matthewpiano

At the so-far quoted price of £600 it looks a bit expensive to me. I think it all depends on a) whether it sounds significantly better than the C355BEE and b) how much support NAD put behind this modular idea. There are some very good deals to be had on amps around £600-£700 so this new NAD will have to be VERY good indeed.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Agree the new C356 looks a bit expensive by about £200 and appears to have similar specs to the C355. NAD have nothing in the price between the C326 and this new one assuming the C355 goes and already appears to be discontinued in some stores.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see the write up
emotion-1.gif

The NAD C355BEE amp for me was superb and I think I'd would have to have paid at least close to £1k to better it with my M/A and Rega system (i.e. the Arcam FMJ A32 would have been a minimum)

The NAD C352 was also a stunning amp so the C356BEE has a TOUGH job me thinks!

A

Anonymous

It will have to be incredible at that price. Wasnt the 355 £400 when it came out then jumped to £500 within a few months. I cant help feeling that £600 is taking the **** a bit and a touch excessive for what will no doubt be a typical nad unit.

A

Anonymous

i just bought a 355 from Richer Sounds for £249 on sale, still a few out there!

A

Anonymous

Did anyone buy the Nad C356BEE ? I would like to know if it sounds better than the Nad C355BEE. I intend to buy the C356 but would like to read before some reviews of users.

Thanks

SteveR750

Two pre-amp outs - does this mean it can be bridged mono?

That would make things interesting again. Looks good too.

I have just been browsing the NAD site, the idea of a combination of a 375BEE bridged with a 275BEE is similar mode. That's 2 x 500W of continuous NAD power (which would mean somewhere in the region of 1200 - 1300W IHF transient poiwer!)

The one review I read of the 375 suggests its not just a rough powerhouse thug either. Now if only the K2 could be bridged.....

TRENDING THREADS