Nad 355, or Marantz PM7003

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Excellet news, it sounds like you are absolutely made up about the amp you have now got and it sounds like what you are saying is the NAD was a step up from the CA, but the Marantz was a big step up from the NAD, interesting, i will remember that amp in future
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Excellent news, it sounds like you are absolutely made up about the amp you have now got and it sounds like what you are saying is the NAD was a step up from the CA, but the Marantz was a big step up from the NAD, interesting, i will remember that amp in future
emotion-2.gif

Hendy00

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:From one Marantz fan to a new convert, good call!

I think so - All hail the Holy Marantz KI. Lol

hi fi newbie:Excellent news, it sounds like you are absolutely made up about the amp you have now got and it sounds like what you are saying is the NAD was a step up from the CA, but the Marantz was a big step up from the NAD, interesting, i will remember that amp in future
emotion-2.gif

With regards to the NAD over the CA, i would say yes when listening to the type of music i like to listen to. Other people might think differently depending on their musical taste.

"Big step up from the NAD to Marantz": I can't speak for the PM7003, but with the Ki, a resounding YES!! If you get the chance, demo the PM7003 against the NAD, then try the Ki. You will be pleasantly surprised.

I don't know how much better the Ki's replacement is (PM8003), but i would say if the only difference is just features but not in sound quality, save the extra cash and get the Ki unless you need those features.

I also bought a Marantz CD5003 from RS on the way home - bargain at £130, and hooked it up with my SB3 to a Beresford TC-7510 dac. Music from both became like Frankenstein,(in a good way) "I'm alive, I'm alive!!".

So Yes, i am extremely made up. What started out as a bad day (as i was leaving for the demo, received call from eldest child school, she slipped on stairs and knocked her head. Had to collect and take her to A.E.) ended in sheer delight. Haven't slept yet for playing music, only stopped due to work - the cheek of it.

Bar the hospital trip, it has been a splendid week so far. Day off Monday and Tuesday due snow and no buses, snowball fights with the whole street, making snow angels with the kids. A quality Marantz PM7001 Ki on Wednesday. It's all good.

A

Anonymous

So the a Marantz it is... I didn't expect such a profound difference though. Well, now I know for sure that I will get myself a Marantz.
emotion-29.gif
emotion-11.gif

I think it will be one of the following: PM-6002, PM-7001 (KI), PM-7003.

A

Anonymous

the record spot:From one Marantz fan to a new convert, good call!

Hell yes! The PM7001KI is a stunning amp, and imho better than the 8003 and 7003, so you really got a bargain. Enjoy it mate, I'm sure you will, for years on end.

Hendy00

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Well, as i said previously, I don't know about the PM7003 with regards to profound difference over the NAD, but with the KI - Yes. However, this is my opinion and what sounded good to my ears.

The PM-6002 (45 wpc) is one under the PM-7003(70wpc). So whether the 6002 will sound as good as 7003 only a demo can tell you that. I don't think either will match the Ki. If you do get a demo of the 7003, i would like to know your thoughts.

All the best.

Hendy00

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Jan Hibma:the record spot:From one Marantz fan to a new convert, good call!

Hell yes! The PM7001KI is a stunning amp, and imho better than the 8003 and 7003, so you really got a bargain. Enjoy it mate, I'm sure you will, for years on end.

I'm sure i will. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I know that one should always have a demo before buying, but I am still in the orientation stage. From what I hear and read, you really can't go wrong with a Marantz PM600x or PM700x. Great detail, the music sounds 'alive', etcetera. Furthermore, I have German speakers (Elac BS243) which are said to be a good match with a Marantz.

So what it comes down to is that when I see one of the Marantzes on sale, I will definitely get myself a demo (with a NAD and CA preferably). I hope that prices for the PM7001 will drop because of the release of the PM7003, but I'll have to wait and see I guess. I have already seen a PM7001 (not the KI though) at an internet store for under 300 euro's.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts and I will definitely post my experiences once I had my demo.
emotion-1.gif

Hendy00

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
ChemicalCurry:
From what I hear and read, you really can't go wrong with a Marantz PM600x or PM700x. Great detail, the music sounds 'alive',

You are spot on there. I think the only dilema you will have is which one to choose
emotion-2.gif

All the best

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts