My TV options

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought an LG 22LG3000 LCD TV.

My flat has a sky dish with the cable wrapped up around it, an NTL box at the front window with FM and TV, and another aerial socket coming in the side wall.

I first tried autoscan on the TV socket of the NTL box but it wasnt finding anything. Cancelled that and tried the other TV socket which has picked up 10 channels, 1-5 plus qvc and a couple of other channels on virgin media which say need a subscription to watch.

Just wondering what options I have. Also the picture isnt perfect, slightly grainy, could this be the 5m lead from tesco I bought? Is it worth getting a signal booster box? I will need to split the signal to 2 bedrooms in the future.

The previous owners used sky but I no longer have the sky box.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Is the aerial a comunial one and if so roughly how many flats does it feed?

From my experience with flats and comunal aerials hey have often been porley set up and more often than not do not even have a propper signal amplifer instaled so possibly a signal booster may help you.

A

Anonymous

Its not a communal aerial, I'm actually in a maisonette, I just call it a flat a lot of the time! There is a cable box out the front and the aerial cable goes around the front and down the side probably about 10m long and through the wall to the lounge. So would you recommend trying a signal booster box where the lead comes in, then split this and run it to each bedroom?

A

Anonymous

its coming out of a white "cabletel" box out the front, and the lead comes round the outside wall and into the lounge. the other cables from the white box go into the ground.

A

Anonymous

With this virgin media cable I can only pick up channel 1-5 , qvc twice and a few locked channels. 10 in total.

How good are the internal aerials? I would like to pick up freeview channels as my tv has a built in freeview. Its quite confusing looking in argos though as there are various different types of aerial!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts