My System

RobSys

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi all...

Having been an avid hifi nerd for some 50 years now, (mostly here in Australia,) I've been upgrading my hifi system component by component for almost that long. Now that I'm retired, I think I've finally arrived to the best system that I can afford. Certainly, to my aged and failing ears, it sounds brilliant!

My current system is:

Cyrus One amp,
Rega Planar P6 with Ania cartridge,
Audiolab 8000PPA pre pre amp (original),
Cambridge CXN v2 media player,
Theophany Psuche "bookshelf" speakers,
B&W ASW 300 sub woofer,
QNAP TS-453A media server,
Marantz DV7600 SACD player,
Klipsch HP-3 Heritage headphones
iFi Signature iDSD USB DAC Heap Amp

Despite having a huge collection (1.02 TB) of hi-res digital music, we still prefer listening to our good old vinyl records. There's still something to be said about the original pure analogue sound of a good turntable and cartridge with direct amplification!

Rob

Get ready for an avalanche of members saying the quality of sound you are going to get from vinyl cannot be better from your digital sources.....
that being said it's what sounds best to your ears and, quite often, spending a lot more will not necessarily improve your set-up by a hugely noticeable amount.

RobSys

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
That photo was only the side view from our living room. This is from our main front windows...:)

Relaxing with some great music!

Attachments

• D72_1103.JPG
    D72_1103.JPG
    835.7 KB · Views: 36
i´m using for the moment ,this having boxed most of my hi-fi equipment ,this was made out of my necessity of hearing music everyday but it surprised me against more or much more expensive hi-fi components i own, two CS-997 pioneer speakers ; two technics sb-f3 (conected at the same time) a GR-777 equalizer from pioneer ;a pioneer integrated amplifier ,the A-717mkII ; technics turntable ,SL-3310 with original cartridge and stylus; a denon DMD-1500 minidisc deck ,a pioneer CT-959 also a CT-737mkII cassette decks ;cd players PD-S804 , PD-S702; Akai reel deck crossfield (1970 model) not amplified with speakers , only to hear with an amplifier; a TX-608 tuner from pioneer. I´m amazed with it´s sound maybe because of my bigger home office, regards
I don't think tagging this onto someone else's 'my system' post is appropriate.

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
I don't think tagging this onto someone else's 'my system' post is appropriate.
sorry i thought this was to describe the system one is using at the moment ,only later i notice this was about a personal system , this after seeing a page where it was supposed to one describe what composes the system one uses, i´m portuguese ,sometimes i might not understand the way things are displayed for one to coment or talk about , regards

sorry i thought this was to describe the system one is using at the moment ,only later i notice this was about a personal system , this after seeing a page where it was supposed to one describe what composes the system one uses, i´m portuguese ,sometimes i might not understand the way things are displayed for one to coment or talk about , regards
Don't worry, that's fine.

Reactions: Rui

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts