My System - With Updates!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Is there a way of using the Classe amps for bi-amping L&R, or are you selling the CAP-2100?

yeah.. It is possible. The SSP 800 supports the bi-amp of Front R & L so I can theoretically do it. CA-2100 is really good enough to drive the speakers. And also it is really expensive to keep both CA and CAP :mad:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
WishTree said:
CnoEvil said:
Is there a way of using the Classe amps for bi-amping L&R, or are you selling the CAP-2100?

yeah.. It is possible. The SSP 800 supports the bi-amp of Front R & L so I can theoretically do it. CA-2100 is really good enough to drive the speakers. And also it is really expensive to keep both CA and CAP :mad:

I agree it would not be a sensible use of funds.....I was just wondering if you'd tried it while you still have the two there (provided the Tannoys are bi-ampable).

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah.. that is true. Since I have them, I could give a try. Been doing so much testing especially the source and power amp wise, I guess it is worth it.

There is a confession to make here as well. Tannoys are ofcourse bi-ampable. One of the ways I could tame the top frequency harshness is by keeping the manufacture provided links between the terminals. When I swapped them with my Speaker cable links (self made from small piece of the speaker wire) or when I biwired them the harshness is a tad more.

With the original links it is under control. So all the testing was done with normal amping mode. May be in a couple of days I will try again with bi-amping since I have them handy!

Having spoken so much about the harshness, to any one else who is reading this, the harshness is not at all in the same league as the metallic tweeter harshness of B&W CM series. It is much much lesser but I guess I have become more and more demanding from these amazing speakers!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how they respond to biamping.....though it's not ideal that they sound bright on the end of Classe, and need the "crappy links" connected to tone them down. IMO. You need the detail without the harshness.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
It will be interesting to see how they respond to biamping.....though it's not ideal that they sound bright on the end of Classe, and need the "crappy links" connected to tone them down. IMO. You need the detail without the harshness.

:) I wish I could get the new speakers before the CAP 2100 goes! but let us see.. It is not the brightness but it is the shoutiness at increased volumes.. For example in Hallelujah, around the second half when he picks up again with a higher pitch, if I audition at louder volumes then it becomes very evident. I wish the tweeter could be tuned some how not to do this as I am really impressed with the rest of everything about these speakers especially the low and mid range. They dig really low and clean! Did I mention enough about how great the the imaging and layering is ?? ;) It is a pity that one small flaw makes me let them go :(

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
photo.JPG

THAT is just simply gorgeous! If I hadn't moved to a new apartment (with a slightly smaller listeningroom) I probably would have gotten a complete Tannoy Revolution Signature speaker set-up. These models are brilliant! As are the Classés, I'm sure, though I've never listened to them only read about them. Some say their electronics sound just as delightful as they look, and I bet they are right! You could probably varify that statement? hehe

Sorry if I missed a possible post about the issue, but have you considered adding any room-treatment for acoustic benifits? (apart from a big rug) I've been looking at some myself as my walls are rather 'naked' and I might do with a bit of damping here and there.

A

Anonymous

Amazing set up, looks beautiful and I bet it sounds fantastic!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts