My System as of June 2011

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
All new digs...

iTunes Lossless -> Apple TV -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Bryston BP6 -> Bryston 4bsst2 -> Dynaudio Contour S1.4

Chord Cables. Running Springs Power.

hiffi2.jpg

hiffi9.jpg

hiffi4.jpg

hiffi3.jpg

hiffi1.jpg

hiffi6.jpg

hiffi7.jpg

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Craig! Yes, they do sound better with a bit more space. It's nice to have the option to move them out now.

Slewis, yes, it is a DIY rack. I researched a lot of racks, but either they were to flimsy or to expensive. I already had the threaded rods from an old rack so I just needed shelving. I purchased unfinished mahogany in 2" thick slabs. They are 18" deep by 45" wide. I sanded and finished them and then drilled holes for the rods. Then I assembled them. I also built a matching end table that is in the room. The rack is heavy and sturdy as a rock. Plus the shelves are infinitely adjustable. Very happy with the result.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Fantastic set-up...gorgeous room, colours really go well, great job on the rack it looks like a dream room for music man
Cheers
Benny

A

Anonymous

Great set-up Jax, good news to hear you can bring everything back out of Storage, and indeed add to your set-up. How you like them Running Springs?

-N-

A

Anonymous

That must be one of the best set ups i have seen for a while, superb room jax. i'm off to do the euromillions lol..

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely stunning, every aspect really well though out, you must be delighted
smiley-smile.gif

Are your panels acoustic panels and if so where did you get them from? Are the photos standard or taken / chosen by you?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

wowser, that's one lovely chillout room, and as for the hifi, (especially those dyns) droool :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That does look superb.

I'm sure many people would buy your rack if it was commercially available.

The idea of fully infinitely-adjustable shelving is very appealing.

There have been countless times where the space on a particular shelf has been 1-2cm too little for a particular component whilst directly below it is 4-5cm of wasted space I cannot make use of.

A

Anonymous

Just had another look in at your room/set-up jax...perfect, I wish I had a hide away hifi room like that well done

Benny.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Are your panels acoustic panels and if so where did you get them from? Are the photos standard or taken / chosen by you?

Yes, acoustic panels. Audimute.com

They can do custom panels using an image you select from an online image web site. Thousands of images to select from. It's pricey though. That's why half of them are just plain black. The black panels were nice and cheap.
smiley-smile.gif

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Neon K said:
Great set-up Jax, good news to hear you can bring everything back out of Storage, and indeed add to your set-up. How you like them Running Springs? -N-

Hi Neon,

To be honest I'm not sure. My system sounded pretty much amazing before I got the RS power and it sounds the same now. But to be fair I acquired the RS Haley during my down time and I haven't done any A/B listening. I went with Running Springs because I liked the simple design. I had to have something as I can't plug all this stuff into the 2 close by sockets. I will say that I tried the amp plugged into the Haley and still prefer the amp plugged into the wall. Everything else is plugged into the RS Haley.

Thanks for the kind words. I see you've made some changes yourself. Decided to let the CM1s go? How are you making out with their replacements? Not familiar with Audio Acoustics, should that read aerial acoustics?

A

Anonymous

jaxwired said:
Decided to let the CM1s go? How are you making out with their replacements? Not familiar with Audio Acoustics, should that read aerial acoustics?

The Aerial Acoustics are singularly the best upgrade I have ever made, they are absolutely stunning in every way. I always thought the CDM1s were a bit restrained, what an understatement! They are now boxed, ready to be let go. My next purchase will be Bryston or Pathos, or maybe a large Mcintosh Integrated to see what these Aerials can really do. My need for a new amp has been greatly tempered however as these new speakers seem to work well with what I have.

I spun some old vinyl, Joshua Tree, recently and my wife was gob-smacked, it's her favoritie album, she's familar with decent Hi-Fi, but she'd never heard it like this before. I think you're missing a turntable there Jax.

-N-

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Neon K said:
I spun some old vinyl, Joshua Tree, recently and my wife was gob-smacked, it's her favoritie album, she's familar with decent Hi-Fi, but she'd never heard it like this before. I think you're missing a turntable there Jax.

-N-

Awesome!

Right on about the TT, if only I had some vinyl to spin....

Have to keep an eye out for aerial acoustics. I'd love to hear them.

A

Anonymous

Yeah looks ok..
smiley-undecided.gif

Na... Looks absolutely superb that Jax; it'd be a system a lot would be proud of
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts