My System - 2012 (onwards?)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Or you could simply buy some posters, put them in a nice thick frame and glue accoustic foam on the back and when you hang them on the wall, make sure they're tilted so the sound can be absorbed by the accoustic foam.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
kevinJ said:
Or you could simply buy some posters, put them in a nice thick frame and glue accoustic foam on the back and when you hang them on the wall, make sure they're tilted so the sound can be absorbed by the accoustic foam.

That is much WAF! I will look out for the options.

Jeronimo

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Hello Wishtree,

Your'e well classified ;=) I see you have Tannoy-speakers. Great!

Did you by any chance audition them against B&W speakers? Since recently I'm running CP-500 pre and CA-2100 power amps with B&W 7NT's and am planning to upgrade the speakers. But given the satisfaction my current system gives me, the speaker upgrade would have to be a considerable one. Could you by any chance give me some pointers? I am initially interested in an upgrade within the B&W speaker range (805S, which is nowadays only available second hand, or some speaker in the 800 series). But maybe a switch to the Tannoy line would be an interesting one?

Best regards, Jeronimo

(Netherlands)

P.S.: I really like the B&W sound: open, dynamic, fast, good mids and hights, punchy and controlled bas (if needed), also on low or mediocre listening levels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts