My System - 2012 (onwards?)

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sony 55EX725 - Wall Mounted

Mac Mini - Main Source

Classe SSP 300 - Temporary DAC as well as Processor for surround formats

Classe CAP-2100 as Power Amp (temporary)

Grant Fidelity TubeDAC 11 - Just ordered - then the CAP-2100 will be the Integrated for HiFi and SSP 300 will be replaced by possibly Onkyo 709 Receiver

Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T - Main Speakers

Tannoy Center

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Rear Speakers

Chord Cables

DSC00402.JPG

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
drichardb said:
Classy looking system WishTree 8)

Thank you!

SupertoMMo said:

Thank you!

The Classe gear is on top only temporarily. Once I get my DAC the CAP 2100 will go in the open compartment of the rack and the AV Receiver will go in the glass enclosure of the rack. The rack has a back opening so it is ventilated enough. The 4LCR center speaker will be on top of the HiFi rack. Will post few more pics once I am done with the current set of changes.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Very neat set up! You haven't mentioned the B&W PV1 s/w (or is it the newer PV1D?).

Plus the guitar of course - I've found tuning to an open D or something like that gives a more tuneful resonance on good subwoofer moments :)

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
Very neat set up! You haven't mentioned the B&W PV1 s/w (or is it the newer PV1D?).

Plus the guitar of course - I've found tuning to an open D or something like that gives a more tuneful resonance on good subwoofer moments :)

Thank you! It is a 7 year old PV1.. Thinking of upgrading to PV1D but not too sure whether it justifies the extra price. The only nice thing could be I can have the new one in Matt White!

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful and simple...The Tannoys looks ever so classy. The nice thick rug helps a lot with the acoustic I suppose... Just wonder, what`s with the lights at the rear of the TV. Looks like Philips`s ambilight but it is not.Then what is it ? :)

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
WishTree said:
Sony 55EX725 - Wall Mounted

Mac Mini - Main Source

Classe SSP 300 - Temporary DAC as well as Processor for surround formats

Classe CAP-2100 as Power Amp (temporary)

Grant Fidelity TubeDAC 11 - Just ordered - then the CAP-2100 will be the Integrated for HiFi and SSP 300 will be replaced by possibly Onkyo 709 Receiver

Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T - Main Speakers

Tannoy Center

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Rear Speakers

Chord Cables

DSC00402.JPG

I like this a lot especially the classe components. A very stylish system indeed!! The PV1 tucked in at the side. Very nice!!!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Atanas Rangelov said:
Beautiful and simple...The Tannoys looks ever so classy. The nice thick rug helps a lot with the acoustic I suppose... Just wonder, what`s with the lights at the rear of the TV. Looks like Philips`s ambilight but it is not.Then what is it ? :)

Thank You! On the back of the TV is 10 Pounds worth LED strip with a switch. The purpose is to have the back wall lit during the night so that the strain on the eyes is minimized (A dull lit wall on the backdrop acts as a reference to reduce the shock to the eyes with too dynamic light changes in a movie. I used to have a small table light turned towards the black wall but now the LED light is doing the same more economically and unobtrusively!

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Also I see you are running the PV1 sub in your system - I would be very interested to know how well this intagrates with the Tannoys. Id actually dismissed this sub when searching and Ive now narrowed it down to either the Velodyne SPL1200 Ultra and the MA GXW15, However ive not spoken to anyone who has experience with the PV1 and Revolution Signatures...

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Very nice WishTree, how would you discribe the sound you are getting from the Classe/Tannoy combo?

Also, i wouldn't put Classe in the cabinet either! :)

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
umbucker said:
I have a very similar system - I was going to post a pic but it wont let me - anyone know what this means ???
File browsing is disabled in directory u1012143.

I do not really remember what exactly it meant but I remember faced similar error during my initial upload. The way I do the upload is, host the pics on picassa (or any other internet site) and then paste the link. Then the pics get scraped.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
umbucker said:
Also I see you are running the PV1 sub in your system - I would be very interested to know how well this intagrates with the Tannoys. Id actually dismissed this sub when searching and Ive now narrowed it down to either the Velodyne SPL1200 Ultra and the MA GXW15, However ive not spoken to anyone who has experience with the PV1 and Revolution Signatures...

PV1 is quite easy to integarte with anything. The Tannoy RS DC6T dig really really low. Some times I get a feel that the sub is on, though not. However once you turn the sub on, immediately notice what was missing ;)

if I have to buy a new sub today, I would like to get one with a calibration system built-in so that tuning is much more easy.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
clinton333 said:
Beautifully done wishtree :clap:

Thank you! It is still changing and will keep changing so, I guess. i am currently having a Onkyo 709 for HT but planning to switch to Marantz SR6006 due to space challenges and possible more musicality.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
shooter said:
Very nice WishTree, how would you discribe the sound you are getting from the Classe/Tannoy combo?

Also, i wouldn't put Classe in the cabinet either! :)

:) Classe is really transparent amplifier. So I hear the short comings of the speakers but the whole combination is as musical as I ever had. I have now the Audiolab M-DAC as the DAC instead of Classe SSP 300 (which I think is only fair, given the Classe SSP 300 was struggling a little bit relative to the M-DAC on offering tighter sound)

Now getting the HT integrated.

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Oi - Classé, now thats quality! Can't think of any other electronic with quite such beauty! It's great seeing your Tannoy speakers as the last time I wanted to swap speakers I demoed these models a few times and I was very impressed. However, as I was moving homes and wanted a quality sub/sat system the Monitor Audio Apex won the fight. These gotta be lovely with music. Duh.

I dig the nice, warm 'vibe' in this room. And now I see what's missing in my own livingroom - some plants! haha

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
RickyDeg said:
Oi - Classé, now thats quality! Can't think of any other electronic with quite such beauty! It's great seeing your Tannoy speakers as the last time I wanted to swap speakers I demoed these models a few times and I was very impressed. However, as I was moving homes and wanted a quality sub/sat system the Monitor Audio Apex won the fight. These gotta be lovely with music. Duh.

I dig the nice, warm 'vibe' in this room. And now I see what's missing in my own livingroom - some plants! haha

Thank You! I need to post new pics with the SSP 800! The speakers shine really well with qood quality electronics.

Plants do help alot especially with WAF!

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
If you go on the Gik Acoustics website, you can send photos and room measurements to their acoustics guru and he'll advise about room treatments. I've just taken the plunge and am awaiting some bass traps and panels from them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts