My setup, what to keep or sell? Get a Blu Ray all in one?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Heres my setup:

PC with ESI Juli@ soundcard (using the optical out plugged into beresford)

Beresford TC-7510 DAC (plugged into audiolab amp)

Monitor Audio BR2 speakers

Audiolab 8000a (old school one)

Marantz CD63SE (old school one)

I listen to a lot of music on my computer (through headphones into the beresford) but also music CDs now and again. I was considering selling the Marantz and getting something like the Cambridge 650BD, as currently I dont have a DVD or Blu Ray player (I have to use PC for DVDs) and it'd be nice to have a separate capable of playing lots of formats.

How do modern CD Players and Blu Ray players like 650BD (but also others Sony S370) compare to the Marantz?

I could plug a cheaper Blu Ray into the beresford, but i'd have to have a screen on to see the CD tracks and selection.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Out of the two, I think the Cambridge Audio would come closer to your CD63SE, but it definitely wouldn't be as good musically. Don't think the S370 would even come close (even being used as "just" a transport). Of course the newly announced 751BD player from Cambridge might be a different story...

So, it might be a compromise, but I guess it comes down to how much you want Blu-Ray, how often you listen to CDs and how important the sound is, and how much space you have. Ideally, I'd keep the CD63SE for music and get a S370 dedicated for DVD and Blu-Ray...

A

Anonymous

So how does the Marantz compare to modern sub-500 quid CD players?

Certainly keeping the Marantz and getting the s370 saves spending a fair bit of money. I don't have much space, but im sure I could find space somehow for a s370.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well I have the KI Sig version of that player, and from what I've read on other people who've looked to replace one, I think I'd need to spend around the £700 - £1,000 region on a new player to get something worthy of replacing it - one reason why I'll keep it until it dies. They're extremely good CD players.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
dave_01:Certainly keeping the Marantz and getting the s370 saves spending a fair bit of money.

And that gives you a good budget for some Blu-Rays to show off the new player
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts