My new Omnidirectional Speakers!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

I have recently bought a pair of Speakers from an Italian Company. H.E.O.L.O. is their name. It seems that they introduced a new, or at least unknown to me, way of reproducing the high frequency in a kind of omni-directional spreading. There is a good explanation in their web site: www.heolospeakers.com.

I don't know if these speakers are known and distributed outside my country (Italy). From some feedback I received in other forum it seems not... but the sound perception I got is something really special. Very high definition of sound, clear location of instruments in the room, without having the feeling that the source of sound is a single-point as it happens in a conventional speaker. Something special is also the fact that when you move in front of them....no real changes in the acoustic scene happens! Very good is also the low-range extension, that almost eliminates the need of a sub-woofer (unless you are a "bass" fanatic!!).

I will post a picture of my setup soon. Quite excited indeed! ;-)

BR

ISB

A

Anonymous

bretty:sounds great. Look forward to seeing the photos.

Hi Bretty!

I've had a look at your system...well actually mine is not so "rich"... ;-)

I have tried to upload some photos but it seems I have no rights to do that. Any hints?

Thanks!!

ISB

A

Anonymous

Hi again!

Here a first set of pictures of my system. As you will note the A/V ampli is nothing really Hi-End but sounds OK and gives enough power .

I believe the most important ring in the chain are the speakers...and with the new ones I have to say I noticed the difference!

// ISB

A

Anonymous

Those are amazing! Some of the best looking speakers I have ever seen!

Where's the wires though? Are they wireless or something (or are you very nifty with the old "wire under the floor" thing?

Oh, and don't listen to people who tell you that amp isn't good - those Technics ones were very, very good indeed...

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:

Those are amazing! Some of the best looking speakers I have ever seen!

Where's the wires though? Are they wireless or something (or are you very nifty with the old "wire under the floor" thing?

Oh, and don't listen to people who tell you that amp isn't good - those Technics ones were very, very good indeed...

Hi Hughes!

Thanks!! Actually I also feel they are quite good looking more than sounding great. You should have a look at the white ones! I have seen a couple of them in the showroom and they are even nicer! But white color has nothing to do with the colors of my house...so my wife would have never accepted! ;-))

About the cables: they are not wireless and the cables are there, but are black so it is difficult to notice them on the floor that is quite dark as well. The speakers come with their own special cables, but I still have to find the time to pass them behind the furnitures....

I am right now using two 1.5mmq single cables.

A

Anonymous

bretty:Love those tweeters. They've got a bit of Bang and Olufson about them, dont they?

Yes, they infact recall the one installed on the BeoLab quite a lot. I think the principle is similar (acoustic lens). Only difference with B&O is that on top of the tweeter in my case there is also a kind of "ring". The guys that sold me the speakers explained that the peculiar "sound diffusion" is made with a sinergy of the two reflecting surfaces, the one right on top of the tweeter and the upper one (in wood and steel).

daveh75

Very nice indeed!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi!!!

Since you liked so much the "look" of my speakers (and I am so proud of it !!
emotion-15.gif
) I have asked Mr. Borghesani to send me a couple of picture of the "white ones" from his showroom. Thanks Guido!!
emotion-2.gif

Actually my wish would be to also buy a couple of these (which are also little bit smaller than mine) for my "micro" apartment at the seaside....who knows...maybe soon of later... ;-)

What do you think about these??

Kind Regards

ISB

A

Anonymous

The black ones are better, IMO. Lovely looking speakers. Very classy.

isb

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Hello!!

Very long time no hear! This is an update about my home setup with omnidirectional speakers. Since I got a lot of comments from previous posts, I am glad to give an update to the Forum. After almost 5 years I have upgraded my speakers with the upper level of H.E.O.LO. which is the "Sigma". I have gained quite a lot in terms of low frequencies and overall sound level, keeping the same transparency and three-dimensional sound stage. Really impressive!

This company has also introduced some innovative electronics in their web site: www.head-audio.it . Quite curious about the "Tube Like Preamplifier" , have you have seen something similar around??

These are my new "babies" when I met them in Milan last year...

head.jpg

Does anybody else have omnidirectional speakers from other brands to share some feelings??

Happy Easter to everybody!

ISB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts