My modest setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is my setup in my bedroom its set up as best as I can with the room layout. I cant have the speakers anywhere else as there is a door to the right of them and a desk to the other side so its pretty impossible to get them further appart. I have also had to block to ports in them and have the bass 1/2 way on the amp or they will boom in that cupboard, and I have the subwoofer under the bed to add some much needed oomph as they were sounding rather thin after I got them to sound reasonable in that cupboard. I have sky as my main source I did have a dvd player but that broke but I am going to be using my new pc as the dvd player and media source, which i will be building in the next month, fingers crossed
emotion-2.gif

From the bottom upwards: Dell dimension 2400, Advent laptop, generic tesco tv as the monitor for the Dell, Digilogic DAB radio as the tuner for my hifi (dont laugh!) will be getting a tuner soon!, Goldring NS1000, broken Western Digital hard drive,

In the cabinet: Sky, nintendo wii, Cambridge audio s30's, panasonic TX-26LXD8, Cambridge audio 340c cd player and 340a amplifier ohh, and the Cambridge Audio s90 subwoofer under my bed

002.jpg

004.jpg
Yes the speakers are close together, so much for 7' appart!

006.jpg
The s90 which has to be placed under my bed, my room is big just not very well layed out! lol

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the photos, always nice to see other peoples kit.

Do you have space to wall mount the speakers? This may help improve the sound.

You have done pretty well with space available to you.

A

Anonymous

I might give that a try that it must be better than having them in that cupboard so cloase together would have got stands but have no where to put them without being in the way lol, thanks for the comment

idc

Great stuff JG333. PC based setup are way more interesting than two speakers and a rack of separates in the middle.

I agree with Jim about getting the speakers further apart. What about Ikea's shelf brackets? You dont need the shelf, just a couple of the wide brackets screwed into the wall close together and the speakers on them. You get them in white, silver and wood colours. They are also long enough that there would be space behind the speakers so they are not flat against the wall. You could then use good old blue tac on the bracket to keep the speaker secure. Blue tac is used a lot to secure speakers onto stands.

The other alternative is to put the speakers on the desk. I have seen various supports used, such as polypods or the many spike and cup isolation stands off ebay. There are purpose built isolation plynths and even a good old hard backed book! You could move the desk slightly away from the side wall so one speaker is not stuck in the corner.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the comment idc, I have thoguht of putting them on brackets before just have the problem of an odd room layout, whereby there will be a door in the way or becuase I also have them connected to the t.v for sound and it makes sense to have the tv in the center of them however I might give putting them on the desk a try as when I listen to music it is mostly sat at my desk. I use the headphones aswell for listening to stuff at night so I don't disturb everyone else. Another thing I have tryed was putting them on the shelf above my desk but they were too close to the wall that shelf too was an ikea affair that was only cheap so I could look into that.

I will also update this once I have my new pc and dac magic hopefully

TRENDING THREADS