My lucky day or what?

gasolin

Waiting for my new gpu good day, but a bit late bad day,struggeling with reinstalling windows 10 (daam you microsoft) baad day, chili con carne (good day even when i forgot the beans).

Then i got this mail
Thank you for your order. My sincere apologies but we do not presently have enough stock of the Copper-line Alpha ONE Power Cable to fulfil your order. Our stock system showed we had another 50m spool in stock but we do not so there is an error in our system there. We have more cable in production but it will be about 4 weeks before it is finished. We could build you the cables with the same connectors but with Copper-line Alpha Power Cable instead if you prefer? This is a superior cable in terms of the size and purity of the conductors and also the shielding system (with the addition of a high purity copper braid wheres Alpha ONE only has a foil). I look forward to hearing from you. Shure if it wouldn't cost me extra and with the anticipation of new power cable i couldn't want wait 4 weeks Thank you for your reply. We will of course provide the superior cable for the same price that you have paid. Your cables will be fitted with the Standard SCHUKO plug and Standard IEC as ordered. We will get these built for you. Kind regards,
Ordered this cable https://www.cleareraudio.com/products/copper-line-alpha-one-power-cable

Getting this https://www.cleareraudio.com/products/copper-line-alpha-plus-power-cable just with Standard SCHUKO plug and Standard IEC as ordered, for no extra charge.

Good service from Clearer Audio

gasolin

It transpires that our stock system was actually correct as we have just located the other spool (in a place it should not have been!). So I can provide the products as originally ordered or with the Copper-line Alpha Power Cable; please let me know what you would prefer and we will build accordingly. Kind regards,

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I just bought a couple of the alpha line ones from future shop. I deliberately bought the cheaper one with small conductors , nearer the manufacturer lead conductors, to try and see what it does to sq, if anything. If not it’s going back and I’ll probably try the better alpha or possibly silver cable, just buying one for streamer, as I know the Titan Helios is doing wonderful things on my streamer, albeit cable a bit thick for installation.

Taking the plug off the Titan, the conductors are quite thick.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
gasolin said:
It transpires that our stock system was actually correct as we have just located the other spool (in a place it should not have been!). So I can provide the products as originally ordered or with the Copper-line Alpha Power Cable; please let me know what you would prefer and we will build accordingly. Kind regards,

Typical. *dash1*

gasolin

QuestForThe13thNote said:
I just bought a couple of the alpha line ones from future shop. I deliberately bought the cheaper one with small conductors , nearer the manufacturer lead conductors, to try and see what it does to sq, if anything. If not it’s going back and I’ll probably try the better alpha or possibly silver cable, just buying one for streamer, as I know the Titan Helios is doing wonderful things on my streamer, albeit cable a bit thick for installation.

Taking the plug off the Titan, the conductors are quite thick.

Futureshop only has the alpha one with 3 pin uk and i need schuko, ordered it with schuko

standard_schuko_plug_medium.jpg

https://www.cleareraudio.com/pages/power-connectors

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Let us know how you get on - I had loads of CA mains cables - whole system of them and still use a Copper Line now on my PJ.

All the best - give them some time, seriously - dont judge for about a week

gasolin

Top sounds nothing but agressive if you listen to something recorded horrible (it's after all studio moniotors i have) this song doesn't sound agressive in the highs but has the bite you would expect from the guítars (it's after all real rock music BS25 would like) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J06yQb4lbPk

The top does have a bit more energy on many songs like it might be more dynamic. It's not dark, restrained and lifeless, it has a good extension and no lack of energy,dynamic on the good records, hell even some mediocre recordings can sound good.

Clean(er?) more open midrange that does something to the guitars, more defined,clearer, more rock, more guitar (Clearer audio cable *biggrin* ).

Tighter deeper bass (Bass light songs still sound light), sometimes sound a bit retracted, less thight with the old power cable in the deepest bass my HS7 can play, as if lacking a bit thightness,punch, i don't have it with the new power mains,cable.

Soundstage is wider and dynamically it sounds better.

First impression can be different compared to when a cable is 6 month old, do to being excited about getting new cables and mabye also a lack of burn in. Don't know if it's to analytic in your face sound, since many say burn in take some harshness,edge of a new cable,speakers,amp......

The cable is very stiff so it's not at all as flexible as a standard kettle lead

Biggest improvement is that it sounds better

bass,midrange and dynamic i do feel get's improved most.... listening to some youtube videos i have seen many times i often think,the bass sounds really good..... more bass,deeper and also tighter and i have my HS7 on -2db from 500hz and down

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
insider9 said:
BigH said:
So you spent £170 on cable for active speakers that cost about £300?
Seems so... this was a point I was trying to understand better in my non-essentials thread.

The question would be is the upgrade worth it to OP? If it is who are we to judge.

It's not judging, it's just interesting that if you had £500 to spend on active speakers, you would spend £300 on the speakers and £170 on power leads. I think most people would spend more on the speakers. I'm not convinced about cables making that sort of difference, if I bought any I would be doing some blind tests.

insider9

I agree with you BigH. And I'm also interested. However last time I spoke to someone about this they simply said that it was a good investment as they'd use these cables on different bits of equipment and for a long time so maybe it's what OP considered buying. I too would want to blind test it if I was buying them as an upgrade.

gasolin

insider9 said:
BigH said:
So you spent £170 on cable for active speakers that cost about £300?
Seems so... this was a point I was trying to understand better in my non-essentials thread.

The question would be is the upgrade worth it to OP? If it is who are we to judge.

yes and it also works if i buy better active speakers with iec c14 power connections or i could use them with something else *music2*

I get some tax money back and i could atm afford to buy the mains cable, at the time i bought my speakers i couldn't

It really doesn't matter the price as long as it sounds good, my misson lx-2's didn't cost much compared to my Marantz PM8005, but sounded good

As you can se i got an complementary Upgrade, you can have the power cable with the same mains plug but the end termination is[/b] Furutech FI-11 Cu IEC i don't know what that costs

And for 2 pair of 3 meter with the furutech end termination it cost a little more (mine is standard schuko as the end termination)

GZZJeNb.png

gasolin

insider9 said:
I agree with you BigH. And I'm also interested. However last time I spoke to someone about this they simply said that it was a good investment as they'd use these cables on different bits of equipment and for a long time so maybe it's what OP considered buying. I too would want to blind test it if I was buying them as an upgrade.

I use the normal alpha one as reviewed by whathifi for my cplayer and it's good, i wouldn't wanna use a normnal kettle lead.

Even when you have a budget hifi like me, some parts, even the cheap ones like my Marntz CD5005 can be upgraded with a better power cable, i had a cable so why not use it.

insider9

Thanks for clarifying Gasolin. It's a very interesting subject so you can understand my scepticism. I'm glad you got a great service from Clearer Audio and they upgraded your cables. I'm sure they will last a long time and if they sound better for you it's a bonus. I'm yet to hear an improvement from mains cables but then again our experiences are different. That what makes it interesting.

gasolin

Power cables do make a difference if you have a system that can show it.

I do have one, since my speakers are real studio monitors,even when they entry level speakers they are popular for a reason.

But it only makes a difference to a certain point, £1000 power cable for a pair of krk rookit powered 5 g3 it doesn't make sense to buy, a pair of adam audio a7x and pair of the supra power cable (cheapest real hifi power cable) makes more sense.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
gasolin said:
Power cables do make a difference if you have a system that can show it.

I do have one, since my speakers are real studio monitors,even when they entry level speakers they are popular for a reason.

But it only makes a difference to a certain point, £1000 power cable for a pair of krk rookit powered 5 g3 it doesn't make sense to buy, a pair of adam audio a7x and pair of the supra power cable (cheapest real hifi power cable) makes more sense.

Had a look at Supra cable and it seems more expensive than Clearer Audio?

I was thinking of changing my cables not because of the sound but the colour, black does not look very good in my room, white would be better. Looking at supra cable, plugs and connectors prices I may make my own up, cost £39 per 1m. So Belden 19364 Audiophile Mains Cable is no good?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts