• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

My little sanctuary

nopiano

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks, the last change was the cabinet. Seems like the sound became a bit less "airy" after that. Will need to play around with the positioning of the speakers.
I suppose you do now have quite a large reflective area between the speakers, in contrast to the earlier ‘open frame’ storage. These things can make a difference.
You could experiment with a large tablecloth covering the cabinet - as long at the preamp can breathe!

Reactions: Fahad

Fahad

Jan 30, 2020
I suppose you do now have quite a large reflective area between the speakers, in contrast to the earlier ‘open frame’ storage. These things can make a difference.
You could experiment with a large tablecloth covering the cabinet - as long at the preamp can breathe!
Door number one and three have all the vinyls, may become a bit challenging. Plus we'll be moving into a new apartment next year I am not going to have a dedicated listening room, the setup will move into the living room (without the TV). Mrs will kill me if I put a table cloth.

For now, I have pushed the speakers back a bit, closer to the wall keeping it about 12 inches away, seems to work well. Maybe will get some work done on the front doors of the cabinet and put in some patterns (wife approved of course) to make it less reflective.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS