My little sanctuary

Thanks, the last change was the cabinet. Seems like the sound became a bit less "airy" after that. Will need to play around with the positioning of the speakers.
I suppose you do now have quite a large reflective area between the speakers, in contrast to the earlier ‘open frame’ storage. These things can make a difference.
You could experiment with a large tablecloth covering the cabinet - as long at the preamp can breathe!

Reactions: Fahad

Fahad

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
I suppose you do now have quite a large reflective area between the speakers, in contrast to the earlier ‘open frame’ storage. These things can make a difference.
You could experiment with a large tablecloth covering the cabinet - as long at the preamp can breathe!
Door number one and three have all the vinyls, may become a bit challenging. Plus we'll be moving into a new apartment next year I am not going to have a dedicated listening room, the setup will move into the living room (without the TV). Mrs will kill me if I put a table cloth.

For now, I have pushed the speakers back a bit, closer to the wall keeping it about 12 inches away, seems to work well. Maybe will get some work done on the front doors of the cabinet and put in some patterns (wife approved of course) to make it less reflective.

monster

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
I'm going through the trial and error of placing my speakers and when I look at yours compared to what I've gone through I can't help but think you'd be better off with your speakers further apart. Did you try that and what were the results? I'm usuing B&W DM604 from 1995, so that could be my issue. I have a set of B&W 606 S2 that sound good much closer together than my DM604s.

Reactions: Fahad

Fahad

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi, well I would have liked to do that but unfortunately there is a box between the left speaker and the wall which houses a UPS and the modem. Right side speaker has another 2 feet between it and the wall though. Also there is a new sub in the house which, currently due to space constraints is on the left side as well.

My listening room is kind of small anyways, around 1500 cu ft. We will be moving into a new house next year where i will have more space to work with. That house is still under construction and i managed to ensure there is a dedicated power line for the HiFi. 😇

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 18

monster

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Hi, well I would have liked to do that but unfortunately there is a box between the left speaker and the wall which houses a UPS and the modem. Right side speaker has another 2 feet between it and the wall though. Also there is a new sub in the house which, currently due to space constraints is on the left side as well.

My listening room is kind of small anyways, around 1500 cu ft. We will be moving into a new house next year where i will have more space to work with. That house is still under construction and i managed to ensure there is a dedicated power line for the HiFi. 😇

TRENDING THREADS