My latest system (NAD & Monitor Audio)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Well... After a few months of demoing and deliberation (mainly as to whether to spend over £2k on a system or do the best I can for under £2k) I've landed with my new system which consists of:

NAD C355BEE integrated amplifier
NAD C545BEE CD player
Monitor Audio RX6 speakers in Gloss Black
Atacama Equinox 3 tier stand in graphite/piano black glass
QED Revelation speaker cable/QED airlock plugs
Black Rhodium Prelude interconnect
Chord Siganture speaker cable jumpers
Tacima C929 mains conditioner

The next items I'll be buying are Clearer Audio mains cables for the CDP and amp but not in a mad rush.

Pictures:

From this...

DSC00641.jpg

To this...

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

A

Anonymous

Wow looks amazing! How does the NAD sound, its on the list of amps i am trying in the next couple of days.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Stevie_Blaze:Wow looks amazing! How does the NAD sound, its on the list of amps i am trying in the next couple of days.

The NAD is superb; I demo'd other amps and CDP combo's and kept going back to the NAD. For my tastes in music this NAD/Monitor Audio combo is superb
emotion-1.gif

The NAD is a fairly weighty amp with deep, taut and punchy bass but with a smooth and detailed midrange and crisp treble. It's heads above your current Marantz but they are too different sounds.

The NAD C326BEE amp should be considered as well
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Great looking system Dan, I'm glad to see that the wine rack is positioned perfectly next to the HiFi, should be toed in slightly I feel..........
emotion-15.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
MENISCUS:Great looking system Dan, I'm glad to see that the wine rack is positioned perfectly next to the HiFi, should be toed in slightly I feel..........
emotion-15.gif

Haha thanks
emotion-5.gif

There's only 2 bottles in it currently (one nice champagne and one very nice white) so it needs re-stocking soon; thing is I hardly drink! Had a nice Chateau Musar on Saturday and that was the first proper drink I'd had all year!

Anyways; speakers are straight on currently whilst they're running in and then I'll get them toe'd in... Soundstage is very good currently though!

A

Anonymous

Wow nice system there.

How far apart are the speakers? and how far from your main listening position?

What colour are the nads?

Im thinking about getting either a 326/352/355 so will be interested in how you get on, I dont suppose you happened to try them with B&W speakers similar to mine when you were auditioning?

Bet that lot sounds awesome.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jammers999:
Wow nice system there.

How far apart are the speakers? and how far from your main listening position?

What colour are the nads?

Bet that lot sounds awesome.

Thanks
emotion-1.gif

The speakers are about 2m apart and theyre right in front of my sofa so about 4-5ft.

The NAD's are both Silver; unfortunately Black isnt available until the end of May if not later. Pain really but that's life!

The system does sound great but it still needs lots of running in!

A

Anonymous

thanks for the info, did you try them at home beforehand?

The silver looks good imho, nicer than other companies 'silvers'. I saw the £299 price for the 355 in silver at richersounds so wanted to see the colour in real life.

I edited my post above about the speakers, am I in luck?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jammers999:
thanks for the info, did you try them at home beforehand?

The silver looks good imho, nicer than other companies 'silvers'. I saw the £299 price for the 355 in silver at richersounds so wanted to see the colour in real life.

I edited my post above about the speakers, am I in luck?

I've owned the B&W 685s before hand and had them with the NAD C352 integrated amp and it was a very good combo.

The NAD C326BEE and the NAD C355BEE amps will work very well with the 685's so youre fine there
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

thanks very much for the info and sorry to hijack your thread for a bit there :p

Once again cracking setup and hope it continues to sound as good as it looks..love the gloss black.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Fisherking 145:Looks very good, hope the sound matches the looks. If you don't drink very much/often, can I have that port hiding behind the TV?

Haha no
emotion-4.gif

That does need to get drunk TBH; it's a 1991 and it's lovely but about 1/2 bottle left! It was opened on New Year's Eve!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
First of all, gorgeous shot of the factory sealed boxes. Does it get any better? Like a grown up Christmas morning. Lots of fun when you can buy it all at once.

Second, love your final selection. I'd say we have similar taste. In my opinion the MA RX6 is one of the best values in hifi. I owned that exact NAD combo 2 years ago and loved it (and still have the 545).

A

Anonymous

Nice pics and system there Dan. Im loving the finish on the speakers, Mmmm very nice
emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Very nice
emotion-21.gif
and i always get excited when i see new boxes with home cinema stuff in.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:
First of all, gorgeous shot of the factory sealed boxes. Does it get any better? Like a grown up Christmas morning. Lots of fun when you can buy it all at once.

Second, love your final selection. I'd say we have similar taste. In my opinion the MA RX6 is one of the best values in hifi. I owned that exact NAD combo 2 years ago and loved it (and still have the 545).

You got it Jax; I didnt know what to do with myself yesterday haha
emotion-4.gif

Luckily for me I've m,y own business and work from home. Didnt make it easier that I was really busy yesterday but I managed to spare 30mins to get it all unpacked; assembled and set-up.

I've not really had time to sit down and listen it properly yet; it's on constantly running in so hopefully tonight I'll get to sit dowsn and listen to some Massive Attack, Gorrillas, Dean Martin and some Sting - Live
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Those RX6's look stunning in black gloss. I have an oak pair sitting idle. I'm just waiting on the arrival of my new C355BEE so I can fire 'em up again.. can't wait : )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts