My latest project ... and TT #4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks ifor

What are you using as feet at present? Are they sprung?

I dont mind adding suspension but if its already there even better

regards

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
drummerman said:
Thanks ifor

What are you using as feet at present? Are they sprung?

I dont mind adding suspension but if its already there even better

regards
I really don't know what they are. You could ask Richard Fletcher what he fitted < info@vantageaudio.com >.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Come on then drummerman! How does 'our' Garrard compare to a decent/half decent/budget/rubbish deck? Is my old 86sb worth its rack space? :cheers:

Morning my friend.

Stop fretting and enjoy :)

I haven't listened to mine for a little while but only because I was busy with the Sony. The Garrard is lovely and compares well with the other turntables. They all have slightly different flavours but are nice in their own ways.

Display with pride

regards

Happy sunday everyone x

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Good mornin' to u2. Wish sometimes I hadn't gutted all the auto mechanism tho. 15/20 mins before the click/hick! Cheers

Yes, I do think the mechanism adds to the attraction, autenticity and convenience of this turntable. On the other hand, it wont ever give you problems again ... ever :)

Enjoy

regards

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
On the other hand, I still, after 30+ yrs, have (most) of the cams, springs, levers & rods which, given the time, enthusiasm & patience, could be used to bring the tt back to its original, authentic condition.....
Nah!
:cheers:

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
drummerman said:
ifor said:
No suspension. I've taken a foot off and photographed it. Will post pics later.

Luverly. Thanks

regards
And now I find I don't know how to insert a picture. Please advise.

Why would it need suspension? You're supposed to be able to play these turntables in a moving car, but the ownners' manual does advise not changing a record whilst driving!!

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
http://www.mediafire.com/view/i744ot216h1pvwh/P1010620.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/xvfxaxw8sm305o3/P1010621.jpg

I couldn't work out how to add the images.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Technics claimed that you could play the SL10 on it's side and I found that to be true. Not as a matter of normality, but just a successful experiment [with a piece of vinyl I didn't treasure]. I guess your 7 will do the same drummer??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts