my headphones keep breaking [8o|] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
basically me and my headphones keep having to part company due to breakages (usually loss of sound in either ear), which is turning into a expensive habit, especially since the last pair were skullcandy. just wanting to know is there any ways to keep them working for longer without having to carry around a proper big case in my pocket. if this is not possible is there certain in-ear brands that can take a bit of a beating without being over £30 pounds? thanks!

Ps is wireless a option? im currently using my headphones for games on psp and music on the PC and MP4

idc

Your problem sounds like you are hard on the cable and eventually it parts company with the driver, hence the loss of sound in one ear.

IEMs by their construction are tougher than other headphones and there are plenty in budget, see WHFs own recommendations.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Both my sons went through this expensive problem before realising that they should never a) pull the cable instead of the plug when disconnecting, b) wind the cable around the phones (loop it carefully around your hand instead) and c) avoid pulling them from the pocket by the cable.

At all costs, avoid straining the cable at the terminations - and try to find a 'hard' case to put them in.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice. think im gonna grab another set of skullcandys and get a cassete case or something like that.
emotion-1.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
One of the most common causes of breakage is the habit some have of wrapping their headphones around their iPod/phone, player.

Don't do it; the small amount you'd spend on a carry case/winder will save you a fortune in broken headphones (and keep your 'phones sounding good for longer).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts