my big onk

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Ok well you prob had all these questions before but i've had a quick look and can't quite find the right answers so here goes.

I've just recently been quite lucky in the fact i've been given a nearly new onkyo tx-sr606 receiver. having not really been into films etc in the past, more music, i've never had an av system. trouble is i don't really know what to do.

I currently have B&W 685's, roksan Llll amp, marants cd6002, carnival silverscrren spk cable and crimson interconnect.

Now to the problem. I don't really know whether to loose my roksan and use the onk for both hi fi and av use, or keep them both and buy a satelite speaker system for av use. I have listened to my speakers with the 606 and to be honest it doesn't cut it so i think a seperate sytem will be better. This then leads on to matching speakers for the onk! I will only require small satelite style speakers as i'd like to keep them as inconspicuous as pos. i,ve looked at a couple of kef systems ie 1005.2 and 2005.2. any views or suggestions on these or other possible alternatives would be greatfully received.

Cheers people, sorry to go on a bit but it's giving me a headache!

Dan

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Probably need to let us know a budget to advise properly, but the KEF packages are great for the money and would suit well I'm sure.

You could also look at the Roth Audio OLi 5.1 package reviewed in October's WHF issue (not online as yet as far as I can see) - quite a big centre, but the satellite speakers have a very small footprint.

Incidentally, note to WHF staff - you can see here that Superfi are advertising this as a 5 star product Group Test winner, when it's actually a 4 star Group Test winner...

A

Anonymous

ah budget, forgot about that.

to be honest not alot more than 300, and will most likely be looking to find a second hand bargain if i can as like i said i don't watch a great amount of films or tv

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
hoggers:

ah budget, forgot about that.

to be honest not alot more than 300, and will most likely be looking to find a second hand bargain if i can as like i said i don't watch a great amount of films or tv

Theres a couple of open box Kef 1005.2s on RS depending where you live. £200

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts