Muso QB 2 or is it worth paying more for the Muso 2?

Roman Totale

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking to get a means of playing music in a small study where I sometimes work, and have been thinking the Naim Muso QB 2nd generation, (QB2 for short).

It's a pretty small space, and impractical to have a stereo speaker set-up. I have an iMac in the room and currently play music from Tidal (Hifi/Master level) either through the Mac speakers, or from my phone to AirPod Pros. After some desk research the Naim Muso QB 2 looked like the best bet. I'm looking to cut the Mac out the audio task, and use my iPhone to control Tidal streaming to the QB2 via wifi (or possibly wired ethernet). The shop was trying to instead upsell me the 'big brother' Muso 2, which with current discounts would work out only £150 more than the QB (list price £400 more).

Would that Muso 2 sound better and is it worth the extra spend? I haven't found any comparison between the two machines (and the shop didn't have the QB2 h to compare). As far as I can work it out, the only difference is that the Muso 2 has more power. The room in question is only about 10ft square, so I shouldn't need huge power. Also the wider and flatter Muso would have my iMac partly between me and the device, which wouldn't happen with the taller, narrower QB2.

It's not even my second system so I don't want to go over the £1,000 mark. My main systems are Cyrus: main one Tidal Hifi into iMac then via optical cable into Cyrus DAC XP and two Mono X's. I like the Cyrus sound.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Attachments

• Muso2_und_Qb_2-2399551564.jpg
    Muso2_und_Qb_2-2399551564.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Roman Totale

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's well worth £150 extra but do you have the room? The Muso2 is very wide. I would ask the shop to let you try one for a week. That's the only real way you'll know.
Thanks JJ. It has to go in a window shelf/recess that I think should be big enough, but I've asked my partner to check as I'm not there just now.

My worry is more that half the sound would be bouncing off the back of my 27" iMac (on a desk at the window).

Best price is at Richer Sounds. I'm not sure they do loans as such, but I think they have a 14 day return period.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS