Musical Fidelity V DAC Mk II

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:p

I am giving the new Musical Fidelity V DAC MK II a go. Not that I think there is massive difference in DACs at this price, but it does have some good upgrades. It now has Asynchronous USB 96khz, plus it has it's own power supply rather than being Bus powered which I think can produce some issues.

will report back,

Limey

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Will be interested how you think it compares with your DAC Magic, was advised here the last MF didn't have a usb input so keen to hear your thoughts.
Thanks

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Just read a review of it on the net in another mag got an excellent review, saying the sound reminded them of a good quality vinyl front end - warm and detailed.

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

All good then. it will be interesting to see how it stacks up next to my Philips Cd player.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hijack the thread, i own a v-dac and was thinking of buying a v-link to get the best from usb, the new v-dac has this built in and look's nice and shiney compared to the black tin i have on my rack, is the v-dac 2 a better dac than the origanal? i am not sure if should add a v-link or just buy the new dac?

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Have a look at the MF website they have a great review on there that might answer some of your questions. It got a higher rating than the Arcam dac in the same mag which costs considerably more.

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

The limey and chypher, did you get your v-dac 2's? how do they sound? mine is in the post, any feedback would be great.

A

Anonymous

The limey and chypher, did you get your v-dac 2's? how do they sound? mine is in the post, any feedback would be great.

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
just so someone can explain this to me more .....i've got the original v-dac , which is connected into my pc via spdif .....now all this usb asynchronous ....does it really matter if i'm using spdif ? will i get a better sound using this usb feature ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts