[SOLVED] Musical Fidelity M6SCD & M6SI Ordered (and collected)(then returned)sheesh!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I finally made my mind up, i was going to wait till the new year, but got a call from Fanthorpes asking if i still wanted to order them, as they would hope to get them to me before the end of the week. so, i've paid the deposit, and gone for it.
looking forward to getting them home and enjoying a few days off trying them out. :)
i think the marantz turntable will go next year, and put a Gyro SE in there to finish it off.

D

Deleted member 201267

Personally I think you should consider Denon for amplification. In my particular case they get the balance between punch and excitement but also warmth and ease-goingness just right enabling long listening sessions. I've heard nothing but praise for the Anniversary 110 amplifier.

Also in my case, they have made a fantastic pairing with Triangle speakers.

The Denon DCD-A110 / PMA-A110 combination are on my lottery winning shopping list.

Pp, it sounds really good. I’ve always liked this little amp. (Had it a long time) I think you had its predecessor A65 and know you rated that.
I would have no problem leaving it right here in my system now. It punches well above its weight. I’m really enjoying it. 😊👍

Pp, it sounds really good. I’ve always liked this little amp. (Had it a long time) I think you had its predecessor A65 and know you rated that.
I would have no problem leaving it right here in my system now. It punches well above its weight. I’m really enjoying it. 😊👍
Yeah, the A65+ was a fab little amp.

(After thought)

Arcam A49. Sorted 😋

D

Deleted member 201267

I’m back to basics now.
Arcam A70 and a Panasonic DVD player doing the duties today.
I even pulled a few cassettes out and put the denon deck work.
Moved the speakers (again) and seem to have hit a sweet spot. 😊

Those loudspeakers look like they mean business !

Reactions: bigfish786

WayneKerr

Personally I think you should consider Denon for amplification. In my particular case they get the balance between punch and excitement but also warmth and ease-goingness just right enabling long listening sessions. I've heard nothing but praise for the Anniversary 110 amplifier.

Also in my case, they have made a fantastic pairing with Triangle speakers.
We all have our favourite brands, Rob, but think bigfish is already way past this price point and limited performance.

robdmarsh

We all have our favourite brands, Rob, but think bigfish is already way past this price point and limited performance.
Not sure what you mean by limited performance but I suppose you're referring to the power specs. I've heard that Denon is pretty conservative with its power output numbers. As to your point about just touting our favorite brands I did consider what he thought was missing in his sound and upon reflection I thought that Denon might meet those needs.

postup_crni

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Better, yes. Much more musical and the volume was 100 times better for adjusting.
Just a bit polite in the bass and mids. Nothing much. Just thought I could get that last bit out.
Bigfish, if you like the Marantz sound, do audition the PM 12SE. The PM12 keeps the sweet tone, details and space of previous big Marantz amps, but is nimble and more focused than my PM11S2 (I assume similarities with your PM14).
During audition, no issues with remote/volume (very gradual, nice) and a super match with its SACD SA 12SE. Of course, all caveats as I auditioned with different speakers, but again, it got improved while keeping enough of the good traits of the previous generation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts