[SOLVED] Musical Fidelity M6SCD & M6SI Ordered (and collected)(then returned)sheesh!!

I finally made my mind up, i was going to wait till the new year, but got a call from Fanthorpes asking if i still wanted to order them, as they would hope to get them to me before the end of the week. so, i've paid the deposit, and gone for it.
looking forward to getting them home and enjoying a few days off trying them out. :)
i think the marantz turntable will go next year, and put a Gyro SE in there to finish it off.

I finally made my mind up, i was going to wait till the new year, but got a call from Fanthorpes asking if i still wanted to order them, as they would hope to get them to me before the end of the week. so, i've paid the deposit, and gone for it.
looking forward to getting them home and enjoying a few days off trying them out. :)
i think the marantz turntable will go next year, and put a Gyro SE in there to finish it off.
Sounds rather interesting.

Reactions: bigfish786
I don't. My streamer uses the DAC's SPDIF, but that's as adventurous as I've been.

I find the CD excellent, certainly a good deal better than the preceding Arcam - but then given price points that should be the case. The MF sound seems to major on a tautness of bass, which might help at lower listening levels.

If you hate it and return it, I won't object to hearing criticisms!

i'm hoping now i've solved the "out of phase" issue that these Musical Fidelity pair will stay with me a while. i really hadn't thought id ever sell the marantz pair, but they were advertised before i'd discovered the phase issue, and kept my word with the buyer. he bought some impressive kit from me. so, the money from the sale was used to change to MF. plus a bit more. i'm not calling it an upgrade yet.... till i've heard what i've bought. :)

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
MF, like Hegel and Audiolab, usually get more admiration for their technical merits than love for 'musicality'.

I for one think that neutrality and absence of character in an amplifier is important. Stand out traits can get annoying quickly, neutrality does not plus speakers usually add plenty of their own signature.

An amplifier that can drive anything without impacting its own sound is so much more scalable too.

Reactions: Al ears
Tomorrow is the day. It’s got to go to plan, but by tomorrow night I should be home with my new Musical Fidelity Amp and CD player. 😊 I’m like a 50 year old kid at Xmas. All that stands in the way is a days work, 140 mile drive, a car swap, parking, mad dash to the shop, pay the balance and wheel to the car! Then, back to the daughters house for another car swap. Coffee, then a 70 mile drive home. Hopefully it will go like clockwork. 😂😂

Tomorrow is the day. It’s got to go to plan, but by tomorrow night I should be home with my new Musical Fidelity Amp and CD player. 😊 I’m like a 50 year old kid at Xmas. All that stands in the way is a days work, 140 mile drive, a car swap, parking, mad dash to the shop, pay the balance and wheel to the car! Then, back to the daughters house for another car swap. Coffee, then a 70 mile drive home. Hopefully it will go like clockwork. 😂😂
'Course it will, what can go wrong.... :cool:

Reactions: bigfish786
My preamp came back in the boot when the weather was cold - another fairly long journey. You should keep them in the passenger compartment so they don't get cold, and allow them to get up to ambient temperature before using. I didn't, and the volume control wouldn't behave at first.

TRENDING THREADS