Musical Fidelity M6 CDP

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I have just bought a Musical Fidelity M6 CDP and its so much better than the Roksan Caspian m2 CDP once switched on all I wanted to do was to keep feeding it cds the sound is more fluid it flows and is just more involving much more depth and its still not run in yet

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I've heard this a couple of times, though admittedly used only as a transport into a Devialet. I think it's as good as any CDP I've used. Reassuringly well made too.

And with your amp, you can use it in fully balanced mode with XLR interconnects (sorry to mention that, Cno). Nice.

Matt

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Guys I am so pleased with the M6 CDP I listened to one a couple of years ago but I couldn't afford the £350 extra so I settled for the Roksan Caspian which is a very fine CDP but the build quality and musicality (not sure if thats a word or I just made it up ) is not on the same level as the MF I wish that I had dug a bit deeper and paid that extra £350

iceman16

toyota man said:
Thanks Guys I am so pleased with the M6 CDP I listened to one a couple of years ago but I couldn't afford the £350 extra so I settled for the Roksan Caspian which is a very fine CDP but the build quality and musicality (not sure if thats a word or I just made it up ) is not on the same level as the MF I wish that I had dug a bit deeper and paid that extra £350

Good job..Sir..

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Excellent toyota man..

I faced a predicament when the M6 DAC came out... Whether to upgrade from M1 CDT to M6 CDP or just add an M6 DAC. Did a home demo with both. End up with the DAC instead as I also needed a DAC for bluetooth and CAS.

nevertheless... The combo you have now...will definitely brings you pleasure for many years to come. Congrats.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Almost a week on and all I can say is it even better now and every time I start listening to my music I have to dig out cds that have dust on there cases as every cd has become more open and 3D and I am amazed at how much I have been missing I am listening to the Scissor Sisters 1st album at the moment and its very good

boshk

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Got a silly question, CD is 16bits 44.1kHz, how does the DAC upsample to 24bit/196khz? Interpolation?

Does that mean you should run all your non hi-rez music through the M6's DAC since it can upsample to 24/196?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts