Musical Fidelity M1 DAC ticking noise

robreid

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if anyone else with a M1 Dac could check if this is a quirk of the design or an actual error?

- Disconnect all inputs apart from USB and play music via USB, while music music is playing change input.

On my M1 Dac there is an audible ticking. It seems to be a sample of the music you have playing via USB caught in a loop.

If you pause the music via USB and repeat the process there is no ticking, its only when you change input with music playing.

I have replaced the DAC chip (PCM1796) but it still makes the noise so its either the sample rate convertor (SRC43921) or the M1 DAC mk2 chip programmed by Musical Fidelity.

It would be great if someone else could check this out to see if their M1 dac does the same thing as Musical Fidelity are a hard company to contact.

cheers, Rob

T1mb0

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello Rob,

Just happened to be reading this whilst listening to music from my mac plugged into my M1DAC via USB so thought seemed rude not to try it out for you and post a response.

I can confirm the ticking noise does occur as you describe when you change the input and music is still playing through the usb. Stops when paused.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers,

Tim

robreid

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Tim, thank you!

Its been really bugging me to know if it was a design feature or an error.

I have been trying to contact musical fidelity for a answer with no luck so you have saved me a lot of time and irritation, thank you so much.

best regards, Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts