Musical Fidelity A3.5....What speakers

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
I listen to a wide variety of music and am using 17 years old Kef C75 speakers and looking to update....BW take my fancy and so have Castle Howard S2 or S3.....What other brands would be suitable for this amp ? BW 800 series perhaps or other brands (remember im in Aus so we are more limited with brands than u lucky people over there in pom land !)

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
hi, I do not know so well about the A 3.5. But I like B& W with MF, I believe it suits very well.Especially the following combinations convinced me
MF A 5 + B& W 803 S-
MF 500 K + B&W 803 D
Rgds

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]ProAc, PMC or Spender[/quote]

mmmmmmmmm........ i think there is one shop in Brisbane that sells pro ac but the other two dont appear to be available here..Some-one else here reccomended BW 803 but had only heard them with MF A5 which is 250 watts against the A3.5 150 watts...Do you think the A3.5 may be too 'small' for BW800 series....i ask as ive read many of your comments recently and u appear to have demoed quite a lot of hifi and appear to be quite knowledgable..You know we dont even get 'hifi shows' over here !! so it can be a little frustrateing trying to demo things...regards....ian

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
The 804 S or 803 S should work well ( approx. 90 dB ).
I would not buy the 802 D with your integrated. They work better with seperate power amps or amplif. from Classe as an example.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="biggus_1961"]I listen to a wide variety of music and am using 17 years old Kef C75 speakers and looking to update....BW take my fancy and so have Castle Howard S2 or S3.....What other brands would be suitable for this amp ? BW 800 series perhaps or other brands (remember im in Aus so we are more limited with brands than u lucky people over there in pom land !)[/quote]

In your part of the world Paradigm, Dali, Jamo are some popular names and easily available. You cannot go wrong with Paradigm reference series. I do not know how much B&W 800 series would cost you there, but I can say equivalent money put in a Paradigm or Dali would give you a much better sound. I would look at the Paradigm Studio/Reference, Dali Euphonia/Helicon series.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts