Music system for playing vinyl

AnnaGP

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
Can you please help ?!?
I am trying to get a gift for my husband 40th birthday: turntable+ amplifier+ speakers... I have spent hours of researching, as I know nothing about this :(
So I am thinking to get :
Rega Plannar 1 turntable +
Denon PMA 600NE amplifier +
I don’t know what speakers :) I don’t have a lot of budget left... so thinking about Mission LX2, Dali Spektor 1 or 2, polka audio T15, Klipsch R41 or Monitor Bronze 2...
which speakers would you recommend ?
have I chosen a good amplifier?
I am greeting slowly crazyyy with this and I would really appreciate any help 😊😊🙏🏻🙏🏻
thank you so much
Anna

Hiya Anna.

Only just picked up on your thread. Can't advise you directly on the best speakers as I've not heard a Denon since the early 1990s. Looking at the internet a lot of people recommend Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

I've owned Monitor Audio Silvers for years up until the last few years, they are wonderful speakers for the money. You MUST budget for dedicated stands. They are classed as bookshelf speakers but they are no good on a bookshelf -- they need a bit of breathing space, around 18-24 inches from the back wall.

Stands such as these would be good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mission-...513850?hash=item2f4440173a:g:Ky0AAOSwiE9e0~3o

Rega turntables are good. Also look at Pro-ject Debut, which I've owned more than one table since 2005.

Good luck and Happy Birthday to hubby.

Gray

Hiya Anna.

Only just picked up on your thread. Can't advise you directly on the best speakers as I've not heard a Denon since the early 1990s. Looking at the internet a lot of people recommend Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

I've owned Monitor Audio Silvers for years up until the last few years, they are wonderful speakers for the money. You MUST budget for dedicated stands. They are classed as bookshelf speakers but they are no good on a bookshelf -- they need a bit of breathing space, around 18-24 inches from the back wall.

Stands such as these would be good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mission-...513850?hash=item2f4440173a:g:Ky0AAOSwiE9e0~3o

Rega turntables are good. Also look at Pro-ject Debut, which I've owned more than one table since 2005.

Good luck and Happy Birthday to hubby.
Yep, you'll see the recommendation for stands on the first thread PP (y)

Reactions: AnnaGP
Yep, you'll see the recommendation for stands on the first thread PP (y)

So I noticed hours after I drafted the post. If there's a duplicate post, intentional or not, would be good for the Mods to merge the two rather than waiting for people like me to make Charlies of themselves. This is not a criticism merely a suggestion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 188533

I didn't notice it. If you'll use the Report button I or another mod will be glad to next time though. :)

AnnaGP

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
That’s right, I have put the same message on a two different threads, as I had almost no response on the first one, so I thought I will post it on a different thread...
sorry, please let me know how can I fix this ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts