Music Storage

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a large CD collection (around 2,000) and the missus is getting cheesed off with the space they take up in the living area. I'm looking for something that will allow me to load and store the CDs, play them back through my existing Hi-Fi (Linn amp and pre amp) while displaying what is being played so that I can pack off the physical CDs to another part of the house.

A

Anonymous

Sonos system connected to a RipNas works great for me. It gives huge increasable storage and great convenience and flexibility.

All you'd need to go for would be the wireless bridge (BR100) with a ZP90 connected to your Amp, all controlled from a CR200. It shouldn't cost you more than £500-£550 if you shop around.

I know that sounds steep and I was sceptical about the outlay but I don't regret a penny, it's possibly the best spend I've ever laid out. Maybe except this one time in Bangkok...
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

c0pperhead:
Sonos system connected to a RipNas works great for me. It gives huge increasable storage and great convenience and flexibility.

All you'd need to go for would be the wireless bridge (BR100) with a ZP90 connected to your Amp, all controlled from a CR200. It shouldn't cost you more than £500-£550 if you shop around.

I know that sounds steep and I was sceptical about the outlay but I don't regret a penny, it's possibly the best spend I've ever laid out. Maybe except this one time in Bangkok...
emotion-8.gif

Oh, plus a RipNas at £895
emotion-40.gif

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
If your router's near you hifi you don't need the vridge, just the ZP90 at about £250.

If you have a computer then you can get a cheap NAS for £100 or less to accompany the Sonos. You can rip the CDs using Exact audio copy on the PC.

Plus it's multi-room expandable. I use a Sonos and I rate it highly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts