Multiple speaker control

Nos

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi New to this forum hopeing someone can help. I have a NAD 3240Pe amp, Iam building a new house, so want to add extra speakers, two extra at the back and two in the ceiling, what do I need to be able to control these extra sets of speakers?

System Sansui SR222 Deck, NAD 3240 PE amp. NAD C516BEE, Cd player. Mosscade GV-T90 Spks. QED 79 Speaker wire. Thanks Nos

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
...and welcome to the forum. I think your amp is about 40wpc and has two sets of speaker outputs A+B, so wiring up two pairs of stereo speakers can be done by running the second set from the back of the amp.

To run a third set, you would need a "speaker splitter box" running from one set of the amplifier speaker terminals. Type it into Amazon, and pick one with enough switches to do the job, and preferably overload protection (see point below).

There is a problem with that - which is that you could overload the amp if running them all together. I'm not familiar with the speakers you have or intend to buy. I'm sure others on the forum may give better advice if you post your intent on which speakers you intend to use.

Lastly, you could always put a multi-room system together. An example would be using a Sonos bridge to other Sonos equipment from your existing amp. This would enable you to play one system or all without any amplification issues. It's more expensive though!!

Nos

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, what Iam trying to do is control 2/3 pairs of speakers independant of each other in the same room, it is purely for audio, I will have a projector and screen and a surround sound system for visual, the room is 70m2, I think I have found what I need with a 3/4 band speaker selector, with volume control, my next problem is that the new French spk are 4 ohms and my old Castle Pembrokes are 8 ohms, may have to buy another pair of 4 ohms. Thanks for your time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts