Multi Room Solution

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I've got speakers in my kitchen, conservatory and soon to be in the garden (assuming we ever get any nice weather to enjoy them that is).

I'd like to drive them all from the same source and be able to switch them all on/off intependantly. Presently, I have a cheap 4 way switch box which whilst it does the job, I think I'm risking damaging the stereo by driving too much from it. Also, the volume needs to be cranked up to drive them all at a suitable volume.

I don't want to spend a fortune on high end kit, but I'd like to know if there are any affordable solutions to this, perhaps a cheap in-line amp?

Cheers,

Andy

A

Anonymous

Yes, Sonos.

For the garden though leave your Zone Player indoors and run long speaker cables outside.
The speakers I suggest are Speakercraft Rox. They look like rocks!http://www.smarthome.com/97250952.html

A

Anonymous

Isn't the Sonos very expensive? I'd need to get a server and enough end stations for each room. I've got a media server already (Windows Vista) - could this be the media hub?

A

Anonymous

It's not particularly expensive compared to a bespoke multiroom system.Unlike Squeezebox you do not need server software running, just share your folders on your Windows PC.Unlike Squeezebox the Sonos sets up its own proprietry MESH wireless network, so will be more robust will give better range - i.e. in the garden.Unlike Squeezebox the Zone Players can include an amp, which is more neat and tidy.

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys,

Hmm, I'll have a read around about them. In the mean time, I've just been sent this link, not quite as good as, well, anything else, but it might save me from killing my amp.

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=1423

I like the idea of the Sonos though, it not only looks slick, but it is the better way, and how pleased would the other half be being able to play Kylie in the conservatory whilst I'm outside barbequing to something different. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts