Multi region Marantz DV 7001?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
after reading your glowing recommendation, I increased my budget and splashed out on a Marantz DV7001. To my dismay, i discovered it is only region 2 - i didn't check it thinking that with such a price tag, it would be multi-regional. Majority of my DVDs are region 1. Is there anything out there which makes them multi-region? Many thanks PL

A

Anonymous

I have the Marantz DV7001. I asked my dealer to make it multi-region when I bought it and it plays Region 1 discs with no problem. I would suggest asking your dealer.

A

Anonymous

Yup it's a dealer modification. They have the tools though they may charge you £20 to do it and any Marantz authorized dealer should be able to turn it multi region

A

Anonymous

Try this:
- Power on DVD
- Open Disc tray by pressing Open/Close button
- Press 9, 9, 9, 9, 0, on the original remote
- REGION 0 will be displayed in the left upper corner of the TV screen.
- Turn off DVD player
- Turn on DVD player

A

Anonymous

thanks, i did ask the dealer and they said that Marantz have not supplied them with a multi region thingy. i will ask again.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
After a quick bit of resurch the Marantz Dv7001 is not hackible via a remote hack but requires a FIRMWARE UPGRADE which most Marantz dealers will be able to do for you, try phoning around to see who can help you locally.

A

Anonymous

It's possible to use remote hack on DV7001! I wrote above how to make this. I have DV7001 and it is region free now.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="kandak"]What is it - RCE DISCS?[/quote]

Q: What is Regional Coding enhancement(RCE)?
A: It's a digital enhancement added to some Warner Bros and Columbia DVDs to stop region 1 (R1) DVDs from playing on Region-free DVD players

There you go
emotion-15.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Regional Coding Enhanced - discs designed only to play on native Region 1 discs, not those set to multiregion.

Have to say I haven't found many recent multiregion players unable to play RCE, but you can always get round it by setting the player to R1 for that disc, then back to R0 for everything else, should the problem arise.

A

Anonymous

Thank you, you're all super duper, I'll give it a go.

Disco!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts