MS Avant 902i vs Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 vs Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 (Urgent)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for a budget Hi-Fi system for a small room of 10*10 ft. I have finalized on Cambridge Audio Azur 540A V2 amp & Cambridge Audio Azur 540D V2 DVD player (which will also be used for CD playback). I am really confused between 3 speakers - MS Avant 902i vs Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 vs Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 - as all of them have got 5 stars with some really nice reviews from various magazines & experts.

The system will be used for both music & movies. All kind of music would be played like Classical, Rock, Trance, Hip Hop, etc.

I am getting the MS Avant 902i for INR Rs. 11500 (USD $244.2), the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 for INR Rs. 12000 (USD $266.4) & the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 for INR Rs.22000 (USD $488.4).

Need help to choose between them as to which one would be the best value for money speakers considering the room size & the electronics i have chosen? Please help me rate these speakers as to which one would be 1, 2 & 3.

This is urgent as i need to buy the system as soon as possible.

Thank you

matthewpiano

Ankan:
Hi,

I am looking for a budget Hi-Fi system for a small room of 10*10 ft. I have finalized on Cambridge Audio Azur 540A V2 amp & Cambridge Audio Azur 540D V2 DVD player (which will also be used for CD playback). I am really confused between 3 speakers - MS Avant 902i vs Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 vs Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 - as all of them have got 5 stars with some really nice reviews from various magazines & experts.

The system will be used for both music & movies. All kind of music would be played like Classical, Rock, Trance, Hip Hop, etc.

I am getting the MS Avant 902i for INR Rs. 11500 (USD $244.2), the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 for INR Rs. 12000 (USD $266.4) & the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 for INR Rs.22000 (USD $488.4).

Need help to choose between them as to which one would be the best value for money speakers considering the room size & the electronics i have chosen? Please help me rate these speakers as to which one would be 1, 2 & 3.

This is urgent as i need to buy the system as soon as possible.

Thank you

I've owned all three speakers you list and a 540A V2, so perhaps I can help.

I'd suggest (1 being best suited):

1) Wharfedale - Well balanced with good integration across the frequency range. Treble is well judged to match brighter budget equipment like the 540A V2 and the mid-range is superb for vocals. They can very occasionally sound slightly veiled but this is not a major criticism.
2) Monitor Audio - Better speakers than the Wharfedales but IMO too revealing for the Cambridge amp. They need really good mid-range amplification to sing at their best. Their bass is much better than the Wharfedales and they cope with complex music much more deftly but I think they could show up the limitations of your chosen electronics too much.
3) Mordaunt-Short - Cracking speakers with pacy, exciting sound but sound harsh with the budget Cambridge Audio kit. Be careful with this combination.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your quick reply. Is there any other combination (with the same set of speakers) that you would suggest as i haven't bought the amp as yet. Wouldn't mind making some changes considering i get the best result out of them at a budget price.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I think the NAD 515BEE cd player is better than the C. A. 540c v2, is not bright like the C. A.
Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo 1 is a very fine budget speaker. Seeÿtheÿ3ÿ budget speaker supertests on Usher hompage, in reviews

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your quick reply. Is there any other combination (with the
same set of speakers) that you would suggest as i haven't bought the
amp as yet. Wouldn't mind making some changes considering i get the
best result out of them at a budget price.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew for your reply. So according to you the CA electronics should be too bright with MS 902i. Is there any other combo that you would suggest keeping the above speakers in mind?

TRENDING THREADS