MP300/2M Black

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
stevebrock said:
my MP500 came in at under £470 including import duty etc from audiokazu.com

nearly £200 cheaper than UK

Did you actually have to pay import duty on it? How about VAT? If you didn't then I suggest you where lucky. ;-)

i can't remember TBH - but the total was £470

D

Deleted member 108165

If ordered from Japan it will only attract VAT, (plus UK carrier admin charges), import duty is not levied on turntable cartridges.

Current price for the MP500 on audiokazu is £394 + ParcelForce admin charges approx. £13 + VAT £81 = approx £488

It really is so worth it to get into the MP300/500 arena as the replacement styli are a steal at the current prices.

A replacement stylus for the Ortofon 2M Black is circa £380, which is just ludicrous. My money is with Nagaoka all the way now.

D

Deleted member 108165

That someone was almost me *crazy* I had such a terrible time with the MP300 fitted to the Pioneer that I just re-fitted the 2M Black and was in two minds to actually sell the Nagaoka on. Fortunately, I chose to change/upgrade my turntable and it was only at this point that the Nagaoka really had its first opportunity to shine, and shine it has; these are incredible cartridges.

DougK said:
That someone was almost me *crazy* I had such a terrible time with the MP300 fitted to the Pioneer that I just re-fitted the 2M Black and was in two minds to actually sell the Nagaoka on. Fortunately, I chose to change/upgrade my turntable and it was only at this point that the Nagaoka really had its first opportunity to shine, and shine it has; these are incredible cartridges.

I concur, assuming you can get the MP500 for below £500, there is not much to match them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts