Moving Pictures - 24/96 FLAC

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Right back at you Mr Duncan. Got wind of this last week. From my perspective as a bit of a Rush fan for 20 years plus, this is THEE release of the decade.

What an album to choose, plus I get to embarrass myself with Blu ray and DVD Audio versions. I'll buy both versions because I can and I want to (howls of delirious laughter) plus I am completely stupid when it comes to artists or albums I adore.

Getting my copy in a couple of weeks. Absolutely can not wait.

The mother of all rock albums in multi channel.

Just off to take some pills.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

A

Anonymous

I've ordered this even though I don't have 5.1!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moving-Pictures-CD-BluRay-Rush/dp/B004MNVKVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302371351&sr=8-1

Blurb:

"Audio will be presented in a 5.1 surround sound mix supervised by the band's Alex Lifeson using the original multi-tracks (DTS-HD Master Audio and 96kHz/24-bit PCM) and in newly remastered stereo from the original analog master tapes (96kHz/24-bit PCM).

Also included in the package is an extensive gallery with previously unreleased photos from the original recording sessions, new liner notes by renowned music journalist David Fricke and 30th anniversary artwork by original album designer Hugh Syme."

It will still be better live though (Manc and Newcastle for me!).
smiley-cool.gif

Dan.m

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
I'm going to the NEC concert. Not my fav venue but the only one i can make. I understand they are playing the entire moving pictures album - camera eye will be interesting as they say its the one song they don't like playing live, anyonelse heard this? Hope they do all the classics as well e.g. La vila, spirit, working man etc. Would also love to hear Xanadu.

John Duncan

After i downloaded the hdtracks version (which I still haven't listened to as have been in Edinburgh/Dundee since) I found the bluray 5.1 DTS-HD Master thingie version is being released 11/04, and am tempted to get a 5.1 system again just to listen to it! 650BD ahoy!

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Counting the days to pay day can't wait to get the Blu Ray. Have listened to the original CD 3 times this week, and if as JD says there is more attack with the bass playing (my personal favourite aspect of the trio) all the better.

Out of the blue a mate of mine is sorting tickets for Birmingham, hope that comes off, I would relish the chance to see them one last time.

I think I will get the download as well as "insurance".

Can't wait

A

Anonymous

A question if I may please Mr D - I've tried to d/l from the site, but get blocked as being a non-US resident. Some sort of IP thingy I guess. How did you manage?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Dan.m said:
I'm going to the NEC concert. Not my fav venue but the only one i can make.

Not too bad sound wise, but I think the MEN is the best indoor sound in the UK.

Dan.m said:
I understand they are playing the entire moving pictures album - camera eye will be interesting as they say its the one song they don't like playing live, anyone else heard this? Hope they do all the classics as well e.g. La vila, spirit, working man etc. Would also love to hear Xanadu.

I don't think we'll get Xanadu, Working Man or La Villa, but Spirit is a standard. (I've been avoiding the setlist for nigh on a year though so don't ask me!) but yes, the whole of MP. It's not that they didn't like playing The Camera Eye live, they just didn't like the track! They have bowed to public opinion due to the fan polls about which songs they wanted to hear.

They have apparently beefed it up a bit and chopped a minute and half off to freshen it up. Last time I heard it live I was 15 - in 1983! Can't wait.
smiley-cool.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know when/if the other Rush albums will be receiving this treatment? I would love my favourites (A Farewell to Kings & Hemispheres) in this format ( I wouldn't mind Moving Pictures, but the whole catalogue would be an expensive exercise).

chunky70

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Think the next one on hi-rez will be 2112, also Vapor Trails is slatted for a remix and remaster. Can't wait! Check out Rich Chycki's website here http://ww2.richardchycki.com/

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
chunky70 said:
Think the next one on hi-rez will be 2112, also Vapor Trails is slatted for a remix and remaster. Can't wait! Check out Rich Chycki's website here http://ww2.richardchycki.com/
Thanks for that. With Larks Tongues in Aspic due out this year, a lot of 5:1 to look forward to.

A

Anonymous

John Duncan said:
chunky70 said:
Vapor Trails is slated
You've got that right.

I think VT is terribly engineered and strewn together in places. The two remixed (and I think re-engineered) tracks so far have been a revelation. It's a good release considering Peart had to re-learn the drums after the forced 'hiatus' with the loss of his daughter and wife, 10 months apart I think.

I'll be buying the remix. They talked about paying for that themselves - a band with quality standards - hard to come by these days!

By the way, the CD on the Blu-ray Moving Pictures deluxe edition sounds fantastic!
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

They did and they realised it at the time, I think. That's why they said they would pay for the remix out of their own pocket.

Snakes and Arrows makes it up for it, and the stripped back sound of the 2 new tracks bodes well for the new release. The producer has got his own way this time without the multi-layered backing vocals, which never did work for me.

Not long to the UK gigs now!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts