movies runs on 5.1 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i went to my video store to rent a movie (kevin spacey / justin timberlake) and the guy told me that i can only rent it if i have a AV system running on 5.1? i suppose he ment a audio settings with 5.1 sorround sound, right? well i dont have AV and even less a 2.1 or 5.1 sound... i guess that is why he told me that all i will see its the image, without sound! How can that be? why isnt the movie changeable under "settings" to a basic sound, for those like me how are not into home-cinema and dont understand the jargon of 5.1 in the first place? How can a movie be so exclusive? Thanks for any light on this topic, cheers!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Go on then, I'll bite - what's the movie?

Any DVD player should be able to output two-channel sound either from analogue outputs or via a Scart connection to a TV. It's a fundamental part of the specification of DVD, and if whichever movie this is only has a DTS soundtrack, which may not be decodable by a few players, then it's well out of DVD spec.

Either that or the guy in the shop is talking borrocks, as my dear Japanese wife would say.

My money's on the latter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts