Most copies of a particular album you own?

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure we've all got an album on two or three formats (cd,vinyl even cassette) but what's your top tally for one title.

For me, it's possibly Pet Sounds: mono original,two stereo re-issues, 180g on vinyl, then three CD editions and also the Pet Sounds box set.

The curse of the re-issue and, in my case, the incorrigible collector.

Paul.

Movement in Still Life by BT. Got the vinyl album, the white label sampler ep, the origional uk release, the Ltd uk release and the US release. I also have most of the album singles on vinyl or cd for the remixes :)

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Three of everything ;) ... CD/Vinyl master + FLAC backup + backup of backup

Charlie Jefferson said:
For me, it's possibly Pet Sounds: mono original,two stereo re-issues, 180g on vinyl, then three CD editions and also the Pet Sounds box set.

Which do you prefer?

A

Anonymous

Rush - Moving Pictures.

Vinyl.

CD German import.

CD UK release.

CD remaster.

CD/DVD 5.1 2011.

Rip @ 320 Kbps.

Tourbook (does that count?)

smiley-cool.gif

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The Art of Fugue - J S Bach, four versions:

Glenn Gould - Piano

Glenn Gould - Organ

Andre Isoir - Organ

Canadian Brass - Brass quintet

T

the record spot

Many versions of various Genesis albums. One particularly dedicated collector of their material had something in the order of 28 copies of the Abacab album alone and here's the link to the site:-

http://genesis-discography.org/
small-logo.png

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
tino said:
Three of everything ;) ... CD/Vinyl master + FLAC backup + backup of backup

Charlie Jefferson said:

Which do you prefer?

Good question. The purist in me says the original mono, but it was the 90's stereo remaster that re-introduced me to the wonders of it all. That and the box set, also mostly mixed in stereo, really reveal what went on in these incredible sessions. Layers of lovely instrumentation good enough to eat, and that's before the voices were added. I enjoy the mono but it doesn't truly reflect the enormity and sophistication of what Brian Wilson achieved.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I have 28 variations of the Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 by : Rosalyn Tureck, Pasnassi Musici, Andrei Gavrilov, Fabio Bonizzoni, Kenneth Gilbert, Silke Strauf, Claas Harders, Masaaki Suzuki, Pierre Hantai, Christine Schornsheim, Huguette Dreyfus, Ton Koopman, Jaques Ogg, Scott Ross, Hans Pischner, Tatiana Nikolayeva, Gwendolyn Toth, Blandine Verlet, Glenn Gould, Richard Egarr, Joseph Payne, Ketil Haugsand, Evgeni Koroliov, Simone Dinnerstein, Gustav Leonhardt, Ivo Janssen, Ottavio Dantone, Matthew Halls and Trevor Pinnock

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
amcluesent said:
I have 28 variations of the Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 by : Rosalyn Tureck, Pasnassi Musici, Andrei Gavrilov, Fabio Bonizzoni, Kenneth Gilbert, Silke Strauf, Claas Harders, Masaaki Suzuki, Pierre Hantai, Christine Schornsheim, Huguette Dreyfus, Ton Koopman, Jaques Ogg, Scott Ross, Hans Pischner, Tatiana Nikolayeva, Gwendolyn Toth, Blandine Verlet, Glenn Gould, Richard Egarr, Joseph Payne, Ketil Haugsand, Evgeni Koroliov, Simone Dinnerstein, Gustav Leonhardt, Ivo Janssen, Ottavio Dantone, Matthew Halls and Trevor Pinnock

You win, surely. That's quite a devotional list. I love others' obsessions.

Co-incidentally, I've only got one version of the Goldberg Variations and it isn't in your list. Murray Perahia's.

John Duncan

Few copies of Famous Blue Raincoat. I buy any cheap copy I see since I saw them go for 30 quid. And then I get lazy and do nothing with them.

I have 5 copies of Moving Pictures (bought as opposed to ripped) - Vinyl, CD, 24bit remaster download, remaster CD, remaster Bluray 5.1. The tour programme doesn't count :)

SteveR750

Graham_Thomas said:
Rush - Moving Pictures.

Vinyl.

CD German import.

CD UK release.

CD remaster.

CD/DVD 5.1 2011.

Rip @ 320 Kbps.

Tourbook (does that count?)

smiley-cool.gif

In which case, I am intrigued why you have got 2112 as your avatar. The response of the Priests to his presentation of music to them must be one of the greatest riffs every in the history of electric guitar and drumming.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts