Moon i1 harsh sound

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I have a problem, I run my new audiovector s3 signatures with a moon i1 amp + moon 100d dac and i have problems with high frequencies. Like female voices and high freq. instruments like piano and violin.

Does anyone of the moon owners have the same problems?

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Audiovectors are not a bright speaker.
Surprised nobody has asked how the room there used in is furnished,forget changing kit, sort the room out first.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
the room is ok, never had this problems with previous set ups.

i tried everything ; cables, room treatment, position of the speakers nothing helped, still the hard s and t in female voices and bright instruments.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Poldo

In case it's helpful, I'll give you my experience.

Contrary to the reviews (smooth/refined), I have found the opposide. As a result of these reviews, I had a Moon I7 out for a home demo, as I was looking for smooth and refined.
None of us liked it, with violins and high frequencies (as you say) being unpleasant. I much preferred the sound of my Arcam AVR600.

I have been told that Moon stuff can take ages to "warm up"......maybe as much as a week!!
This view that I have, has been reinforced any time I've heard Moon, either at Shows or dealers, and on different kit.

This just shows the subjective nature of personal preference, and thus the need to demo for oneself.

Cno

A

Anonymous

Audiovector are great speakers, and pairs very well with arcam and Creek.

A

Anonymous

I auditioned Moon i3.3 and had a chance to compare it side by side with other amps. I didn't take it home eventually but I liked it a lot. By the way, although it's not the warmest amp I've ever listened, I didn't find its sound any harsh, edged or overbright. The i1 is Simaudio's entry level integrated amp, but based on i3.3's performance, I'm really surprised with your problem.

A

Anonymous

I've never auditioned Audiovector's loudspeakers but if they are good match to Creek's electronics, they supposed to be fine with Moon i1. I own a Creek 5250SE, which I consider to be a bit on the bright side, and I find i3.3 warmer in comparison to the former. It's an intriguing fact. :~

LoFi Heroes said:
Audiovector are great speakers, and pairs very well with arcam and Creek.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
A friend bought a Moon i1 just over a month ago. We listened in Loud & Clear on a couple of pairs of speakers including the friend's pair of Art Stilettos. We also listened to a mid range Arcam amplifier for good measure. I would characterise the sound as very detailed, great sound stage & pretty dynamic. The somewhat cheaper Arcam sounded quite beguiling but not as exciting. The Moon got both our feet tapping. Neither of use like a bright or harsh sound but the Moon isn't going to smooth over a poor recordings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts