Mono switch on amplifier

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I want ...

... an integrated amp with a mono switch. (The smaller the amp, the better.)

Or ...

... an active / ‘powered’ mono speaker that accepts two (L + R) RCA, or stereo minijack, input and has a volume control. As ‘domestic’ looking as possible.

Nothng to do with listening to overpriced mono LP reissues. Phono stages absolutely not relevant to this thread :)

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

gasolin

DSC_3328.JPG

I’d have to do a lot of hunting for a traditional amp with a mono switch, though there must still be a few. But on the powered front, this has volume and 3.5mm jack input. Might it meet your needs? I still have my older Audio Pro, with the nice grille. Notionally stereo but one point source.

https://www.whathifi.com/audio-pro/addon-t5/review

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I know from my experience of Cyrus that the cyrus x power is an intergrated power amp with a mono switch so you can buy two. No idea if that helps.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Cabasse Stream 1 (fortunately at a bargain price of £80 new). If you want a powerful mono speaker and can find one at a good price this could work. Has single stereo mini jack as well as optical, Bluetooth, WiFi streaming options.

entrails

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Can you let us know how succesfull you find the purist, one speaker approach.

I did consider a seperate one speaker system for mono. I settled for adapting my 2 speaker system, first using a mono phonoamp switch then more recently a dedicated mono cartridge using detachable head shells.

For me the real magic started once I got the dedicated cartridge. I went for the Miyajima Kotetu after Dave at Sound Hifi suggested it would work better for my system than the Denon mono cartridge he also sold. I thoroughly recommend it for both pre and post 1955 mono records.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts