Monitor audio rx6

A

Anonymous

The room is 12 by 12.the amp and cd I'm using at the moment are Sony 930 for the amp and cd,but it just doesn't sound that good with the ma speakers.would the marantz 6004 cd and amp work with them the Sony set up sounds a little bit harsh I'd prefer it to sound a bit warmer

Lewis1970 said:
The room is 12 by 12.the amp and cd I'm using at the moment are Sony 930 for the amp and cd,but it just doesn't sound that good with the ma speakers.would the marantz 6004 cd and amp work with them the Sony set up sounds a little bit harsh I'd prefer it to sound a bit warmer

Agree with David, Arcam is a great match for MAs. Also Creek Evo2 is another fabulous match.

Although not heard the latest generation of Marantz amps, the older ones don't really gel with Silver range.

Certainly a dem (home dem if possible) will be essential.

A

Anonymous

Cyrus 8a,8xp or with a dac you can get repo 8xpd's for under 1k

NAD 356BEE

Lewis1970 said:

Hi Lewis1970

PM6004/CD6004 presentation will better suited to Silver RX6's however i feel the Marantz pairing will offer a modest improvement in performance over the Sony amp/cdp. Alternatively Rega's Apollo-R/Brio-R pairing (with amongst their other qualities) detailed, rich, weighty, fast and dynamic sound offers an even superior tonal match with Silver RX6's. The quality of reproduction by the Apollo-R/Brio-R also helps bring this pairing more in line with Silver RX6's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts