Monitor audio RX2 or Kef Q300?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:That sounds good....
emotion-2.gif

I'm not surprised given your Tyler Durdan-like split personality Frank, I mean Fravid, Dank, no, David, sorry...

Anyway, so long as we don't have to invite Meatloaf...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:FrankHarveyHiFi:That sounds good....
emotion-2.gif

I'm not surprised given your Tyler Durdan-like split personality Frank, I mean Fravid, Dank, no, David, sorry...

Anyway, so long as we don't have to invite Meatloaf...
emotion-2.gif

I wouldn't mind if the name was mentioned on here, but it's not, only as a company name! As if any company director has any free time to mess about on forums!
emotion-4.gif

Give your family my wishes

David / Frank Harvey Hi-Fi Ltd

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Grottyash:the_dhc

???

A touch of innocent fun, since the lad seemed to have got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Oh, and a typo: meant to put the_dhl

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Grottyash:Andrew Everard:
Grottyash:the_dhc

???

A touch of innocent fun, since the lad seemed to have got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Oh, and a typo: meant to put the_dhl

That does kind of spoil the joke really...

MCRetina

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
One tries to keep informed of such things, and I think it is highly germane to the current discussion.

Agree, I´m not from UK and dont know anithing about Musicraft in Derby, but perfectly understand Andrew point.

MCRetina

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
MCRetina said:
Andrew Everard said:
One tries to keep informed of such things, and I think it is highly germane to the current discussion.

Agree, I´m not from UK and dont know anithing about Musicraft in Derby, but perfectly understand Andrew point.

jajajajajaj just reilized i got 1 year late to the post....... sorry :wall:

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

The bass of the RX2 is much more accurate, I prefer to RX2 in relation to design and finish. They are beautiful and part of the room with great competence.
Regards to all.
Leo.

MCRetina

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I’m upgrading my BR2 speakers, the contenders are: BX2, SX1 and Q300.

My room is small so they need to be placed 8 in from the back wall and 20 in from corners, so I demo them with that placement.

They took the BX2 out from the box and I demo them (no running time). The bass very poor IMO, probably because of no running time, also was not very happy with the middle high frequencies

I listened to the SX1 and the bass was very boomy and not organized, mids and treble just perfect, probably the effect of their rear port.

The last speaker was the q300 and the first thing that I noticed was their presence, they filled the room perfectly, just the perfect bass, nice and deep. The mids and highs where not as good as the SX1.

An important factor was the price, in my country the Q300 are just 90 pounds more expensive than the BX2 and 20 pounds cheaper than the SX1.

Despite their ugliness IMO I think that the Q300 where far better from the other options for the placement that I needed.

Was I unfair with the Rx1 because of the running time?

Any opinions about their placement, my room is 4m x 4m and 2.5m high so they need to be near the corners?

Im running them with C315 BEE amp and 515 CD, Im I overbuying speakers?

Thanks

ngoquangbach

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Dear Mr. MCRetina,

It seem this topic compare between RX2 and Q300 not RX1 as I am sure RX2 is better than RX1. I think you should hear more RX2 to have your final conclusion.

MCRetina

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Dear ngoquangbach

First let me apologize for the mistake of calling the Silver RX1 range Sx1.

I think you are right, the RX2 must be better and front ported but out of my budget range. I compared the Rx1 with the Q300 because their price is similar here.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts