Monitor audio RX 6 better than RX 8?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
A friend of my will buy MA RX speakers. The RX 8 is not too big for him, but isn't the RX 6 the better speaker? I've warned him for too much bass from the RX 8. He agree, but find the RX 8 has a richer and fuller sound. He is afraid that the smaller RX 6 sound too shrill.

A

Anonymous

Has he listened to both the RX8 and RX6 or is the "shril" comment what he fears? He should listen to both and then make his mind up. I was told the RS6 was better than the RS8 but to my and my wife's ears we preferred the RS8.

Yes, I would say the RX6 are a better all-rounder. The 8 are ideal if you are a bass head, otherwise RX6s are more rounded sounding.

Both the RX6 and 8 have the same metal dome tweeter and therefore both can sound shrill if poorly partnered or if the room acoustics aren't right.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
peterpan said:
He will now go for the MA RX 6. But will this a good match with his MF M3i amp? The dealer advice Marantz or NAD.

The dealer won't be listening to it day in and day out......as long as he likes it, and provided the MA sound suits him, I don't foresee a problem.

Were any other speakers tried?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I find Marantz amp always so boring and NAD too much bass. Neither of them would be my choice. My friend will order the RX 6 and seen how it is with the MF M3i.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts