Monitor Audio R180 AV12 5.1 System

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Good morning,

Does anyone have this system? It is composed of 5 R180 speakers and 1 RSW12 Subwoofer. I know the subwoofer is astounding but how are the R180's?

As these can be used as a centre and front and rear speakers, I wonder how they sound. Also, will these speakers balance ok on speaker stands upright, since it's shaped like a centre really.

Is it the best value for £600.00?

Thank you.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:
Good morning,

Does anyone have this system? It is composed of 5 R180 speakers and 1 RSW12 Subwoofer. I know the subwoofer is astounding but how are the R180's?

As these can be used as a centre and front and rear speakers, I wonder how they sound. Also, will these speakers balance ok on speaker stands upright, since it's shaped like a centre really.

Thank you.

if you can get this for £600, do so without hesitation! It will blow any style system away under £1.5k.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:
Good morning,

Thank you.

I would wall mount them all if possible.

They sound fab
emotion-21.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello Gerard,

Wall mounting isn't really an option for me, as I would prefer my speakers on stands. So, would you suggest I discard this idea and maybe consider something like the Q Acoustics 2000 instead?

Thank you.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
bigboss:
They sound fab
emotion-21.gif

Hello Big Boss,

I thought they sounded really good too, considering that monster subwoofer.

I was considering the Q Acoustics when I saw this offer from Peter Tyson. Just not quite sure how the R180's will stand on speaker stands as they are not shaped like conventional bookshelf speakers.

Thank you.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:
Hello Gerard,

Wall mounting isn't really an option for me, as I would prefer my speakers on stands. So, would you suggest I discard this idea and maybe consider something like the Q Acoustics 2000 instead?

Thank you.

stick with the Radius speakers and get these.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/radius/radiuss-stands/your-speaker

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts