Monitor Audio MR series

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
actually I like the look better than the BX range.must see if a store has them in stock.Hate the br5 sound, love the bx5 sound.not sure what to wait of these

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
thanks Clare.I really dont expect them to say they are as good sounding as the BX range lol.but since they cganged the crossovers on the BR range...think that those made the entire difference on the BR to BX range.

Paul.

ear said:
actually I like the look better than the BX range.must see if a store has them in stock.Hate the br5 sound, love the bx5 sound.not sure what to wait of these

I would struggle to tell the diference in a blind test. My BX centre blends pretty seamlessly with my BR5s

I would agree it apears to be the new drivers in the old cabinate design. The MR and BR series are all 6 ohm however, whereas the BX are all 8 ohm.

Edit: would the 6 ohm rating point to the older crossover you mention?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Response from Monitor Audio:

"David from Frank Harvey Hi-fi is quite correct. MR is a range that has been requested by certain export markets and is very similar in its material content to BR, which was produced from 2006-2010."

So, gold star to David :)

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
that is what i thought at firts.But reading that info sheet,the upgrade they made on the crossovers could have aproximated them to the sound of the BX range.If not they are almost the same as the BR in sound?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
8)

The MR range, being a cheaper version of the good old BR range, won't quite come up to the standards of the BR range. And as we know, the BX range is quite a step up from the BR's :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts