Monitor Audio 14 Gold MK 2 speakers....What CD/Amp combo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I'm thinking of buying Auidolab 8200CD and Cyrus 6XP amp and use my old Monitor Audio 14Gold MK2. Any Views or suggestion will be much appreciated

meroflondon said:
Hi Everyone:

I'm thinking of buying Auidolab 8200CD and Cyrus 6XP amp and use my old Monitor Audio 14Gold MK2. Any Views or suggestion will be much appreciated

Hi meroflondon

What amplifier are you currently using and source component/s are you currently or have been using with your speakers?

Interconnects and speakers cables?

What do you and anyone else who will also use the system generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Your listening distance?

Your general listening level?

Your overall budget?

Are there any particular features you would like the amplifier and cd player to have (such as remote, tone controls, mp3 input, headphone socket, phono input etc.)?

What kind of presentation are you looking for the system to achieve?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick@ MUsicraft'

The Monitor Audio 14gold M<K2 is being used in the cinema set up at the moment.

I have to get new speaker cables/interconnects (the old one is QED Kudos Silver Special 25th Anniversay cable.

We listen to all kind of music but not much rock.

The size of the room is 6x4m as part of open plan

I will put the listening diistance to 6meters

Listening level is someting medium..just to have a nice music heard when in the open plan area.

Remote control /tone control/ipod input/headphone. No phono input. CD is the primary source then mp3/ipod

We want the sound crisp, warm, nice vocals, clear instruments and a nice bass. The budget is £2,000 for CD/Amp, £3,000 if a new speaker is needed. Thanks

meroflondon said:
Hi Everyone:

Welcome to the forum. From what I have heard of the Cyrus amp your suggested combo should work well with the speakers. Just wondered if there was any reason you opted for the Cyrus over the Audiolab 8200 amp?

A

Anonymous

Hi Alears,

Thanks for your comments.There's no particular reason i'm choosing the cyrus over the audiolab 8200 amp...as long as it delivers the sounds we're after. Haven't listened to any combo yet.

meroflondon said:
Hi Rick@ MUsicraft'

The Monitor Audio 14gold M<K2 is being used in the cinema set up at the moment.

I have to get new speaker cables/interconnects (the old one is QED Kudos Silver Special 25th Anniversay cable.

We listen to all kind of music but not much rock.

The size of the room is 6x4m as part of open plan

I will put the listening diistance to 6meters

Listening level is someting medium..just to have a nice music heard when in the open plan area.

Remote control /tone control/ipod input/headphone. No phono input. CD is the primary source then mp3/ipod

We want the sound crisp, warm, nice vocals, clear instruments and a nice bass. The budget is £2,000 for CD/Amp, £3,000 if a new speaker is needed. Thanks

Hi meroflondon

Thanks for your reply.

I know the 14 gold speakers well. The 8200CD is an excellent cd player and i'll recommend that you should look at partnering the 8200CD with the NAD C356BEE. Not only has the C356BEE got the features you want (tone controls, mp3 input, headphone and remote control) however the amp also has the quantity and quality of power to keep the speakers in check and if need be help fill the room with relative ease. The 8200CD/C356BEE/14 Gold combination should give you the presentation you're after.

Another couple of combinations to also consider are 8200CDQ/8200P and 8200CD/Rega Brio R. These combinations will not offer all the of features you're after however i think they're worth a listen as their other qualities may still appeal.

As for speakers Monitor Audio's Silver RX6's are worth bearing in mind as the RX6's will offer much better levels of performance in pretty much every over the already impressive 14 Golds.

Btw, for interconnects i'll suggest using basic ones (red/white coloured plugs - like the ones supplied with some DVD/Blu Ray players) and for speaker cables standard 79 - 300 -500 strand OFC type.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much Rick;

I will try to listen to the 8200CD/Nad C356BEE/MA 14gold mk2 combo first, then the 2nd option and try to listen to the RX6. Once again thanks for your advice Rick.

A

Anonymous

hi Rick,

Instead of 8200CD, do you think the 8200CDQ /Nad C356BE/MA14goldmk2 will make a difference??

thanks once more.

meroflondon said:
hi Rick,

Instead of 8200CD, do you think the 8200CDQ /Nad C356BE/MA14goldmk2 will make a difference??

thanks once more.

Hi meroflondon

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the 8200CDQ performs to an even higher level then the already impressive 8200CD. I feel the 8200CDQ's performance alone helps it to fully justify its premium over the 8200CD never mind the fact that a quality pre amp and a headphone amp are also included.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

hi, Rick;

No audition of any kind yet because i haven't found a dealer near my place that stock the components at the same time. Guess i have to buy it without proper auditioning...just to rely on your advices guys. I will try to hear the Marantz CD6004/PM6004 and see what it sound (and save money perhaps, lol)

What do you think Rick? thanks again

A

Anonymous

thanks rick,

i'll try to listen to listen to the marantz first, then the Nad...if not happy i'll listen to the CDQ/P then 8200CD/Nad C356BEE. At the moment i'm inclined to have the cdq/p without a demonstration!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts