Modifying old CD players with tda1541 dac

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just picked up an old marantz cd 65 special edition with tda1541 dac and wondered if anyone knows of reliable modifiers as I would love to test out and modified cd vs my other marantzcd273se.

A

Anonymous

Congrats! You got yourself a great player with lots of posibilities to modify.

A

Anonymous

Thanks....I'm taking your idea from an earlier thread. Very exciting

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
If you know a bit of electronics and with steady hands as well as having a pair of good eye sight I suggest you carry out the DIY to upgrade the CDP yourself. Asking some third party to do this job for you will not be cheap !! There are long threads (more than 2000 pages) in diyaudio.com to tell you what can be done to improve the performance of Marantz CD63, 65, 67 and others. Go to this site and make a search on CD65.

At the moment I am reading and dropping down my notes on what can be done to modify Marantz CD63 MKII KI signature (came with copper chassis and toridal transformer and a Phillip servo) which I bought from the freeBay for about £100. I will spend a month or two to complete this upgrade project. Somebody said after some decent upgrade work this CDP can be as good as those CDP of £4000 range. I will find it out if the claim is true after completion of the project.

A

Anonymous

I can just only recommend to upgrade your machine with a tda 1541 chip. The first and cheapest modifation would be, bypassing your oversampling chip. It somehow opens up your stereo image as if the musicians always have been playing behind a curtain.

I was a bit sceptic myself at first, but you have to listen to it yourself to believe it. I would recommend to bypass it with a good silver wire, for the best results. You can look on the net for more info, keep us updated!

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I only have circuit diagrams for CD 63 and CD67. As I don't have a service manual for CD65 I cannot offer detail upgrade suggestions to you. However a simple upgrade for CD65 is to change its capacitors to better quality, in particular, increasing the size of the capacitors for the power supply. The next step you can do is to change better quality opamps and then change the master clock with lower jitter. BUT you need to have steady hands and good eye sight to take off the surface mount ICs. Good luck and keep us updated if you proceed with the DIY.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts