Mix n Match AV Equipment

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Will it make any difference to the performance of my av equipment if it was all produced by the same manufacturer? For example; would I see any extra benefits if I owned a Sony tv, Sony blu-ray player and Sony av receiver as opposed to matching up equipment produced from different manufacturer's (basically like I do, with my Philips tv, Sony, bd player and Onkyo receiver).

Does anyone have an opinion on this and also, do any of you prefer to match up your av equipment or does this just not matter?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, there's an argument that, for example, the Sony amp engineers will have used Sony players and TVs when developing their products.

But realistically the only obvious advantage is a practical one, in that the products are unlikely to suffer the interoperability glitches we've recently seen afflicting the likes of Yamaha, Arcam, Onkyo and Panasonic.

And thanks to all the Sony products singing from the same page of the HDMI CEC hymnsheet, you also get one-handset operation and advanced functions through Bravia Sync, which would otherwise require the use of a learning or programmable handset with macro capability. Same applies with any one-brand set-up.

TRENDING THREADS