Mission M33i vs KEF Coda 90 vs Mission 702e Stereo Floorstanding Loudspeakers

DJBicarregui

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am looking for a pair of speakers and these ones are near me and relatively cheap. I am using a Leak Delta 30 at the moment but might upgrade. I am looking for speakers that will be able to last me for a long time. Input sources are normally mp3 at 320kb/s and CD.

First is a pair of Mission M33i speakers going for £85. Which are £130 new at richer sounds. Second is a pair of KEF Coda 90 speakers going for £40. They are cheap because the tweeter dents have been pushed in - does this affect the sound quality? Although it's not often hard to reshape them. Lastly a pair of Mission 702e speakers going for £80. I think that these are older speakers but I do not know much about them.

Any help on which is best would be great thanks.

DJBicarregui

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I would go for the Mission M33i, as I still own a pair (in storage in another room), for the money I paid (about £120 new) I thought the sound they made was a vast improvement on my previous speakers (funny enough the Mission 702e), also the build and drive units were of better quality than the 702e which used a lot of plastic to hold the drivers in place which eventually after many days and hours of loud volumes ( I used to listen to alot of dance music) meant the plastic started joining in (to songs which had a large amount of bass in them).

Personally I would discard the KEF Coda 90, if the tweeter domes have been pushed in too far then yes it will affect the high frequency sound coming out and no matter how much you try to repair them, they will not be as good as before the damage was done.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

*music2*

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
as long as the seller says they are of resonable appearence and that they are working ok, a quick look on google shows them to be a good quality speaker, the extra driver would most likely give a better bass response than the missions, over all they are probably quite a step up from the missions in terms of sound, cabinet and general fit and finish.

Again the decision is up to you.

Happy New Year.

*music2*

TRENDING THREADS